Maa: The Beginning

In the beginning, Earth was a simple, peaceful world. At certain times of the year it would rain while other times cloudy skies were yearned for. Extreme weathers were unheard of in Gaea. Gaea was paradise; it was the perfect planet. There was no illness. There was no war. There was no poverty. Different races of Man and beast alike lived side-by-side, each in their own niches of Gaea. Dragons roamed their mountains and the skies; the Mer-folk traded with the inhabitants at the coastal regions and frolicked within the coral reefs; pixies and fairies made amusing fun with each other, and against other creatures of Gaea, while Man continued to spread, grow, create, and expand their reaches to the ends of the world.

It was true dissents could arise with conflicts of interests. Hence, why the Temple was raised in ages past. Noted by their sacred white and the aquamarine crystals, these men and women represented Maa's wishes wherever they went. Peace, love, and mercy, were Maa's words; the holy trinity. They guided Gaea forward for thousands of years, and for thousands of years flowers bloomed and rainbows crowned the skies.

Protected by a Core, Gaea's fame spread wide across the nebulas. This fame drew in new allies, both socio-political, and economical. Naturally many came seeking Mana, but the stringent and righteous Temple was the final body for planets or alliances to pass through besides the ruling powers of Gaea at the time. Besides these economic relations, the rest came for places to rest, to experience exotic cultures, or to explore Gaea's rich, foreign land.

This utopia lasted for a long time and many expected it to continue like-wise. Alas, wherever one may be, the vices of moral character always exist, breeding war, hostility; needless pain and suffering. For Gaea, this came in the form of the Karau Kingdom.