02

FIRST DAY

For the small cost of ten dollars i decided to buy my first locker. I open it and realize that not only did I not need a locker, but I just waisted ten dollars. At least i get the experience of having one, right?
I close my locker and look down at my schedule. The school is a big and all outdoors, at the center of all the buildings is where the courtyard is. The courtyard has benches and tables and is where most of the students hang out in before going to class. Lockers line every single hallway and each corner has huge signs with directions on where to go.
"Building sixteen, room one hundred." I say to myself as I walk towards the sign that reads 'Building 14-16'. I find my class is downstairs in the right hallway and I walk through crowds of people, looking at each room number as I try not to bump into anyone. As I reach my class a guy holds the door open, he was young so I assumed it was just another student and began to walk in.
"Building 16 room 100?" he questions.
"Yep, Thank you." I walk into the class and see everyone talking to their friends.
"Hey!" I smile a the familiar looking boy rushing to greet me.
"Camila right? We took pictures for eachother this morning." He recalls.
"Yeah, I forgot to ask but I would love to get your instagram." I smile as I stand by the desk he's leaning back on.
"Come sit with us, I'll introduce you to my friends and give you my gram." He stands up and walks the the back of the class where a circular table was situated. A couple of guys where seated and munching on snacks before turning their attention to me and Nick.
"Guys this is the girl I was talking about! Her name is Camila." He introduces as a I pull out a chair and hang my bag off the back of it.
"Hi." I wave while sitting down, Nick sitting beside me.
The three guys sit properly in their seat, before one had their feet on the table and the others were sitting with their chair backwards.
"Edwin, Brandon, and Zion. We also have Austin and Luna in our friend group but they decided not to have a history class this year since they took it online." Edwin points to himself and then the others while introducing them.
"Try hards." Nick scoffs.
"Is there a teacher or?" I question as kids where still coming into the class after the late bell.
"The guy holding the door is our teacher, Its his second year teaching out so he's like twenty six." Nick explains.
"I follow him on instagram." he further explains as we all look at him weirdly.
"What? He's hot." He shrugs and my eyes widen in realization.
"He is." I chuckle.
I pull out my phone, open instagram, and hand my phone to Nick.
"Nick Mara." He reads as he types his username.
"There." he the hands my phone off to Edwin and they all add themselves on my phone.
"We make music." Brandon blurted out before Edwin nudges him.
"Thats not how you talk to girls." Zion covers his face in embarrassment.
"I was just letting her know." He slaps Edwins shoulder.
"I would love to hear your music I bet it sounds dope." I reply, the class door closes and the Teacher walks towards the front of the class earning a silence from the students.
"Welcome to AP Gov. Today we will just go around and introduce ourselves and then we can get started on running our class as a government." He starts as he scans the class.
"I will start my name is Mr.H. I graduated from Keiser University about two years ago. I am married to Mrs.H who teaches AP Literature and we are both expecting a child."
The class cheers and awes as they listen to the teacher.
"Thank you, this class will be easily. Theres three tests and all the assignments are basically  campaigns or if you don't want to participate then you will have to do one 2,000 word essay every quarter." He continues.
"Okay lets start from the back, Students who usually sit in the back want to avoid being picked on so you, the lovely girl in the long white sleeve." He points to me and I stand up.
"Hey I am Camila. I have been homeschooled all my life, this is my first year in a public school. I was born in Canada. Um, I live with my brother and I like to sing." I ran out of things to say so then I smiled and quickly sat back down.
Edwin stood up next.
"I am Edwin. I love fashion and dyeing my hair random colors. I make music with these guys." He gestures to the Zion, Brandon, and Nick.
"I have been in Miami all my life and I like fanny packs." He awkwardly nods and sits down.
"Im Nick Mara." He pulls his chair out and stands.
"I am openly bisexual, My favorite color is purple. And thats all I could think of." The teacher nods at him and he sits down.
"Zion. I like music and art. I paint most of the time but I started to do pottery recently. Its dope." Zion stays seated and looks at Brandon.
"Hey! Im Brandon. Ive been in a four year relationship with Luna Santiago. You'll probably hear of her shes very involved in school. I like fashion, art, and music. Im from Texas, I moved to Miami in middle school. And yeah thats it." Brandon sits down as the next kid in class stands up.
After the whole class introduced themselves the teacher explained the class syllabus. The bell finally rang and I stood up, along with the others.
"Camila, come I would like to talk." Mr.H calls out.
"We'll wait for you outside, they don't count tardys the first week." Brandon says as the other guys nod in agreement.
I walk over to the teachers desk and stand in front of him. Seated, He looks up at me with a small smile.
"Are you aware that skirt violates our dress code?" he questions.
"Im sorry I didn't know." I pull the the skirt down a little.
"Its distracting." he adds as he licks his lips.
"Im sorry was it distracting to the students or to you?" I ask, irritated at the way his eyes skimmed throughout my body.
"Just read up on the dress codes and don't get in trouble alright?" he clears his throat as he repositions himself in his chair.
"Thank you for your advice."
And with that I basically rushed out of the class. I met with he guys just outside the door.
"What'd he say?" Edwin questioned.
"Did you flirt with him? Do you think he'll let me suck his dick? Do you think he's into guys?" Nick pushed as he wrapped his arm around mine.
"Um dress code and No he has a wife." I answer.
"I have three classes on campus. After this is AP Literature and Executive Internship." I read off my schedule that was tucked away in my back pocket.
"We have all our classes together." Brandon speaks up as he hands me his schedule.
"Nice, see you guys later?" I ask as we made it to the main hall.
"I'll make a group dm we should hang out later." Zion suggested, everyone agreed with him.
"Cmon Camila to class we go!" Brandon smiles as he took my hand and began walking towards the buildings front doors.