04

JUST ASK

"Okay just don't be nervous." I push Brandon into the middle of the hallway.
"I don't think this is a good idea." Zion shakes his head.
Zion,Edwin, Austin, and I all stand by my locker as we watch Brandon walk over to Luna with a bouquet of roses in his hand.
He stops, Luna on her phone leaning on her locker not noticing him.
"Whats he doing?" Edwin questions.
I push myself off my locker and walk over to him.
"Whats wrong?" I whisper, standing in front of him.
We look around as people begin to notice a homecoming asking about to happen.
"I-I cant." he shakes his head.
"Brandon?" Luna calls and I move out of the way.
Brandon clears his throat and faces away from Luna.
"You can do this." I whisper.
"I would like to ask this girl to homecoming." Brandon blurts out.
I can see Edwin in the background holding in his laugh.
"So thats what Im going to do." He talks to the crowd.
Luna smiles and puts her phone away.
"Camila Cruz would you go to homecoming with me?" Brandon quickly says as he kneels down with his eyes closed and his arms handing me the roses.
I look down at him in shock and then up at Luna. She furrows her eyebrows and steps back into the crowd.
"SAY YES." Austin yells.
"Yes, I will." I smile confusingly while grabbing the flowers.
Brandon stands up and whispers a 'Thank you' as the crowd cheers, some recording us.
The bell rings and the crowd dissolves as students get to class. I follow Brandon to the guys and grip the flowers in my hand.
"You pussied out on asking out your own girlfriend to hoco dude." Zion asked.
"I didn't 'pussy' out of anything." Brandon scoffs.
"He noticed the hickey on her neck." Edwin points out.
"I haven't seen her since Monday and we didn't even have a full conversation." Brandon explains.
"What are you going to do?" I ask, the bell ringing again indicating that we're late.
"Go home, Its Friday and Im done with class." he shrugs.
"We gotta go to class, we'll come over after school okay?"Austin says before walking to class with the guys.
I turn to Brandon and smile.
"We're going to homecoming together?" I question.
"Yeah im down if you're down." He answers.
"Oh Im down as long as Luna's okay with it." I tilt my head and he smiles.
"We don't have to worry about Luna, im done with her."

-
i might change the name of the book. originally i was going to have them all meet in detention like the breakfast club or something but i obviously didnt do that. sorry for the filler ill update soon.