Chapter 2

-Myla

The sun started to seep through the dark blue curtains that were hanging over my windows and begun to invade in and around the room. It started to wake me up and all I knew was that it was way too damn early to get out of bed. I looked over at the bed side clock beside me and it was only a quarter past Seven. I groaned and threw my head back on my pillow and covered the blanket over myself to keep the brightness away from my face.

I have work in two hours and I wasn't about to let anything keep me from my sleep...

As I started to drift away, I heard the faint sound of my door buzzing which had startled me to get out of bed. I had not a clue who'd be at my door as I hardly knew anyone, but whoever it was, is gunna have me in a piss mood. As I got to the door, I begrudgingly opened it and I was quite surprised to see who it was.

"Ivy?" I say with a yawn, feeling my voice begin to crack. "What are you doing here?"

"I told you last week that I was going to pick you up for work today. Don't you remember?"

"Honestly, no...."

She then stares me down and shakes her head, "Girl, go get ready! I thought we'd stop for coffee on the way! Oh and I need to use your  hair brush! Lo Lo chewed mine up when I was asleep last night!"

I roll my eyes and begin to snicker as I walk down the hallway and into my bedroom to get dressed.

After I got my uniform on, I headed to the bathroom. The moment I walked in, the first thing I noticed was a huge spider the size of a quarter, crawling across the sink. I soon began to panic and let out a loud shriek. I turn around a second later to see Ivy right behind me, looking as if I got hit by a truck.

"Myla?! What's going on?!"

"T-the sink.." I started to stutter as the spider became visible to her as well. She started to burst into laughter as if it were some kind of hilarious joke and she nudged my side.

"You're serious, right?"

"You know I hate spiders more than anything!" She started back into a fit of laughter and I ran from the bathroom, frustrated as ever.

"Just kill it already!"

***

We arrived at the coffee shop, got out of the car and went inside to wait in line. We hardly ever went through the drive through here and it was  always that way. Somehow, the wait always seemed shorter whenever we came inside to order and we didn't know why. Nor did we care, as the coffee here was way better than any other place here in the city without question.
I guess it's why they call it Seattle's Finest.

Instead of  choosing our usual mocha Frappuccino's, We decided on something different today. Fall was coming to a near and we thought we'd try one of their new seasonal drinks.

After the person ahead of us finished their order, we walked up to the front of the counter. A man with short, brown hair that was parted to the side and was maybe around 5'8, greeted us with a big smile.

Ivy whispered, "He must be new here..." After shushing her, I brought my attention to the man standing on the opposite side of the counter.

"Hello, welcome to Seattle's Finest. Would you like to try our seasonal pumpkin spice today?" He spoke in a soft, British accent and immediately made eye contact with me. I felt my cheeks begin to turn red and that's when I stared at the ground, feeling that familiar uneasiness begin to overwhelm my body.