Chapter 3

-Myla

         I had just woken up and I was dreading this day from the moment I had heard about it. Our store was having this big clothing sale, which most of the deals were on the men's wear. I contemplated about skipping, but of course, the girls wouldn't let me if I had even tried.

So I was forced to get out of bed and get the day started with what I usually do. I decided to straighten my hair today, hoping it would cover a good majority of my face. I wasn't ready for this, nor was I ready for whatever life was about to throw at me next. I rolled my eyes and went into the kitchen to fix myself some coffee and a small snack. I brought it into the bathroom with me and ran a hot bath, because it was just what I needed at this very moment....

I leaned my head back against the tub and closed my eyes, allowing the same thoughts to brew inside my head once again.

           I thought back to a couple days ago when I went into the coffee shop with Ivy. Every bit of that day had been replaying over and over inside my head since basically the moment it happened. I remembered everything I felt that day, the way it all started and the mixture of feelings I started to endure after making eye contact with this guy; that I seemingly, cannot stop thinking about.

From the moment his dominant, green eyes met with mine; to the moment I had flood out the door in a panic...

           As much as a nightmare it was to me, I still couldn't admit to myself how handsome I thought he was. How his smile grew and curled to the side as he greeted us, the way his soft- spoken voice immediately stole my attention for even the slightest second. Not to mention the English accent the boy had that embellished his entirety, even more so. 

         Even though I kept thinking about him, I immediately knew it was wrong and I hoped to never see him again. Even if it meant never going to my favorite coffee shop ever again...

When I had finally gotten out of the bath, I heard my phone buzzing from atop of the counter, beside the bathroom sink.

"Olivia?" I answered, whilst wrapping the towel around my body.

"Yeah, hey girl, so you have to promise not to be mad at me..."

"Why would I be mad at you?" I asked, unbeknownst to me i'd soon regret the words that had just left my mouth...

"I can't make it to work today, I'm not feeling so good..." she begins to say, before letting out what sounded like a forced cough. Even worse, I begin to hear a man's voice in the background for a slight second, soon to be shushed in a distinctive manner by Olivia.

"Who's there with you?" I rolled my eyes, extremely annoyed by this pathetic excuse of a lie.

"It's just me Myla, I'm at home in bed..."

I swear, she was making me angrier by the second....

"Cut it out Olivia, you and I both know you're a horrible liar."

"Whatever, girl. Believe what you want to. You're so freaking paranoid all of the time. And that's a fact." My jaw dropped open and I could feel my face begin to heat. I really couldn't believe what she just said to me and how defensive she's acting.

"There's a reason the way I am and the person I've become. I'm not ashamed by it in the least bit, but at least I'm not a liar." I hissed back at her.

            I guess I was wrong about one thing though, I really was ashamed of myself. I hated the fact that I had trust issues, and even more so, I hated the fact that I hated men. It was true to a high extent, I am a paranoid human being. And I was a freak. Point being, I still wasn't clueless and I knew I wasn't imagining that voice I heard. It was clear as day.