Telepathic Twins -- Chapter 15

PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR'S NOT AT THE BOTTOM.

AND THE ONE RIGHT UNDER THESE WORDS.

Just real quick I wanna say that if you want me to read your story, please don't leave a comment! I will probably forget about it if you do. Leave a message on my message board or send me a private message instead. And be specific! Don't just say, "Read mi stories?" Tell me which story, and leave a summary if you want; it'll be more likely to catch my interest that way :)

Please don't get mad if I can't get to it right away; life is really crazy right now. Oh, and be warned, I'm honest.

Chapter 15

Aleksander's POV

Immediately after walking out of Leksi's room, I went back to mine and somehow managed to physically restrain myself from slamming the door so hard I'd break the door frame. I wanted--no, needed--to punch something. Blind, mind numbing rage was pounding through my veins with each beat of my rapidly pounding heart. I closed up my side of the connection as much as I could so that Leksi wouldn't know.

As I paced back and forth in my room, I felt like a caged animal that was slowly losing its mind. My breaths were sawing in and out of my chest, so hard and fast that I was almost panting.

Feeling the intense fury burning inside me, I finally understood what could drive people to murder. Knowing that someone could whip an innocent girl repeatedly without feeling any remorse . . . What kind of sick, demented lunatic could do that to a person?

The fact that made everything even worse was that Leksi didn't seem fazed. I felt through our bond that she was a bit disturbed, but it was blatantly obvious that she was used to it, and that sickened me. Even while she was sleeping, I never would have guessed that she was having a nightmare. Aside from the occasional flinches and slight frown, she looked fine.

I had a strong feeling that what happened in the dream was only a hint of the things they've done to her. And that made me angrier, if that was even possible.

A soft tapping noise brought me out of my thoughts. "Aleks? Open the door!" Leksi whisper yelled.

"Go back to sleep, Leksi," I said in the calmest tone I could manage.

"Aleks, if you don't open this door, I'm gonna start calling you 'Ali'."

Somehow, that got a snort out of me, and I felt the insane rage melting away slightly. Just slightly. I unlocked the door and opened it. "What?" I asked.

"Could ya tone it down a bit? How am I supposed to sleep when my blood's practically boiling?"

"Well, excuse me for being pissed. My barrier's up, now go to sleep."

"Don't tell me what to do, and I can still feel how angry you are."

"What do you want me to do about it? I can't just let that go, Leksi, I can't."

"You think I can?" she asked in a slightly higher voice. She looked down the hall at Dad's door, then came in my room and shut the door so we wouldn't wake him up. "Trust me, Aleks, I want to fucking kill them for what they did. But I don't wanna let it consume me."

"Why the hell not? I'm sure we could find them, and then,"--I snapped my fingers--"problem solved."

She sighed and rubbed her eyes with her thumb and forefinger. "You need to stop and think about what you're saying. Ignoring how hard it would be to even find them--I am positive that they've moved the lab since you got me out--what are we going to do when we find them? Kill them? Could you live with that on your conscious? And, really, what would that solve? You'd still be enraged at them, and I'd probably still have nightmares."