Chapter Four: Group Therapy

The cold water that cascaded down Harley's naked body was welcome. Last night, whilst he had no nightmares, his sleep was restless. Thinking about Cassie, worrying about her. He doubted that just leaving her in her bedroom, by herself was a good idea. Loud banging and the swinging of the bathroom door caused Harley to grab the shower curtain to shield himself.

"What the fuck, Jared?" Harley grunted.

Jared just laughed as he leaned against the doorframe. "You're going to make us late. You've got ten minutes to get ready and get there. Chop, chop princess,"

Harley shut the water off. He was shattered. He really couldn't be asked with group therapy. Whilst weekends at Bispham Academy was free of classes, all students attended group therapies and personal therapy sessions. It was deemed as necessary, making sure that all students were of sound mind and were working through their difficulties safely.

Drying his body roughly Harley slipped on his boxers and black skinny jeans, with some difficulties, and walked into his bedroom pulling the black t-shirt over his head. He shook his head, spraying Jared with droplets of water, which was met with a shove.

"Bloody hell, it's only a bit of water. It's not going to hurt you," Harley joked, as he sat on his bed pulling on a pair of socks.

"Where was you last night then?" Jared's eyebrows wiggled.

Shit, Cassie...

Harley slipped his feet into his black boots and tucked the laces in the top. He could do them up later, he didn't want to be late. Without a word about his whereabouts last night, Harley started walking out of the room, Jared hot on his heels.

"Were you with that chick, Dawson?"

"Why are you so fucking nosey, I went for a walk and a smoke." Once again, he answered half-truthfully.

Answering half-truthfully helped Harley feel better about things. Lying was something that he had done once and regretted. Since then, he vowed never to lie. If no one gets hurt, skimming over a fact or two wasn't lying... especially because I am telling some truths... right?

The halls weren't empty as the students either headed to their therapy sessions or left. Harley found himself looking for something, someone. It was only when he spotted the fiery red hair of Cassie, did he realise it was her he was searching for. She's okay. A sigh of relief slipped from his mouth and his shoulders instantly relaxed.

"What bullshit do you think we are going to go over today?" Jared quired, cracking his knuckles.

"Honestly, I couldn't care less. I just want this over and done with and I can sleep, I'm bloody knackered,"

"Oh, I bet you are," Jared laughed, nudging him with his elbow. Harley let out a huff, his friend really did know how to piss him off.

They slipped into the classroom and Harley was relieved to find that their therapist, Mr. Mallen, hadn't arrived yet. Several of the students, all male, were sat around the edge chatting about girls, sex, drugs and alcohol. Except for Luke, a nerdy boy who always sat alone with his head in a book. Harley often wondered what he did to get himself here, was sort of crime had he committed? Must have been something to do with computers... Money laundering? Hacking? Something about the timid boy enforced Harleys beliefs about his residency at Bispham Academy.

Harley sat down, two seats down from Luke and next to Jared, who was already deep in conversation with the group of boys next to him. Whilst Harley and Jared were close, Harley liked to keep himself to himself, but always conversed with people when he needed to. He had been raised to respect those around him.