I

❝The treatment isn't working, I'm so sorry, Ms Kim.

The young girl inhaled sharply. She looked down and her eyelids fluttered shut, her hazel optics disappearing from the doctor's sight. She pursed her lips in frustration. God, she'd rather be anywhere but this room. The smell of antiseptics and the underlying scent of death lingered in the oxygen around her, surrounding her, suffocating her. The man in front of her was no different; his sympathetic looking eyes hid an age-old trauma, and the wrinkles on his forehead gave off the obvious signs of a hospital veteran. Everything in the room, from the human to the scent screamed death, but somehow, she was fine with it.

Yeah, okay. Maybe the suffocating wasn't all too great, but she could handle it. She was okay with dying, she'd rather not, but if it were to happen she wouldn't be too bothered. If she had someone in the world, maybe she wouldn't want to, but everything she cared about was gone. Her parents succumbed long ago to the illness running through her veins, and the mere drone of her heart was all that had kept her going in the first place. She was nothing but a moving piece of junk, a broken shell of the charismatic girl she once was.

"How much longer do I have?"

"... about four months, at a stretch."

A small smile graced her face and she tucked a small piece of hair behind her ear. She pulled her shoulder bag close to her and opened her eyes, the piercing dark hazel staring at the man opposite her with kindness. "Thank you for telling me, Mister Kino. How much will this cost, 30k yen? 40k? perhaps 150k, yes, 150k should suffice."

Kino's tired eyes widened and he scrambled up to grab onto the young woman, who'd already picked herself up ready to head back home, her mouth curved up in the shape of a small crescent.

"W-Wait! You've already paid for this session, Ms Kim! You don't need to add any more, 150k is a ridiculous amount!"

She smiled. "Please, call me Jaehwa. I presume you need the extra money anyway, considering the fact your wife is pregnant. Off-topic, what're you going to call her?"

"I'm sorry, I'm your doctor-"

"Oh, from a friend to a friend!"

He gulped and his Adam's apple bobbed. "... W...We were thinking of Yuna."

Jaehwa grinned and clapped her hands together in excitement. "Oh, that's a wonderful name! I'm sure she will grow up to be just as intelligent as you-" she shook off his arm and quickly headed towards the door. "- and that she will be just as beautiful as your wife."

"Jaehwa-"

"Thank you for looking after me, Kino. This is goodbye."

She gave him one last wave before closing the door behind her and heading down the hospital corridor, ignoring the curious glances of passing patients and the stares of the employees. She ignored the way her breathing pattern was rapidly growing, and the short amount of oxygen entering her lungs made her feel incredibly lightheaded. Not even the heavy footsteps behind her were relevant. All she wanted was to get in her car and go home, wherever that was.

"JAEHWA!!" Kino lightly grabbed her shoulder and turned her to look him in the eye. "How did you know my wife was pregnant?"

There was silence. Jaehwa looked towards the panicked man with a blank face before breaking out into a blatantly fake grin. She once again shook off his grip and began to walk away, her body shook under the pressure."I'm dying, but I'm definitely not deaf!"

[/][\][/]

So, no. I am not off of hiatus, this is simply a book that I'd finished a while back. Enjoy while my other Whiny_Potato_ presentations are not updated. I would say your welcome, but eh. Still, love y'all 🧡🧡

And I got a question from a nosy little goblin ( love you Peem ) so-

"Are you single?"

Yes, bitch, I am single but currently full-on flirting with my target and I'm starting to get somewhere mate so I'll tell y'all when he gives in. Chapter updates every 2 days mateys.