'

❝... You're joking, right?

Jaehwa smiled dreamily and took another small sip of her hot chocolate. The marshmallows had melted into soft godly goodness, and the whipped cream was showered with chocolate shavings ( she had a sweet tooth, and she's gonna die anyway so calories are dead ). She hummed in delight. "I love hot chocolate, don't you, Shoto?"

The bi-coloured boy frowned and snatched the cup away from her, to which she retorted by confiscating his double expresso latté.

"Give it back."

"Not until you give me back my drink."

"Not until you tell me what you mean by dying!"

The duo glared at each other, hazel eyes meeting the stern gaze of his mismatched ones. His sapphire eye was the one that drew her in the most ( because it looked like the colour of forget-me-nots ) and staring at it made her feel incredibly anxious. Especially considering the concerned, stormy expression was directed towards her. She sighed deeply and gave him his drink back. She snatched her cup and took a deep gulp before gasping for air afterwards.

"Apsens cancer."

Shoto grimaced at the word cancer. "I've never heard of that before."

Jaehwa took another sip. "I'm not surprised, the government are trying to keep its existence under wraps. They don't need to panic any more, it's bad enough when there are people constantly trying to blow up the world with superpowers everywhere."

"... what is it then?"

"A soul cancer, it appeared around the fourth quirk generation when quirks were mixed and mutated to the point where the human genes were messed up. Their quirks were deemed extremely dangerous and uncontrollable, and are fatal to the people. They're expected to die a couple of years after contracting it."

Shoto went silent and pursed his lips before taking a huge gulp of his drink. After a few seconds, he met his gaze with Jaehwa.

"So there is no cure."

She smiled and took another sip, a pleasant sigh escaping her mouth. "Nope."

"And how long do you have left?"

"Uuuwaahhhh, about quarter of a year? Sorry, I'm not really counting."

"So... you don't care? At all?"

"Eh, not really. Why, should I?"

The boy growled and picked himself up from his seat, leaning towards the girl and pointing his finger towards her chest. "Yes, because it is you. What am I meant to do when you die, huh? I have nothing, you have a life here and so much to see, so why aren't you upset?! You should be... y-y-you should be upset!"

Jaehwa frowned slightly before another cute grin lit up her face. "Is that... so?"

"Yes, yes it is. I-I have to go, I still need to process this."

And so the boy took off, shrugging on his brown trench coat on the way out and his knitted Slytherin scarf hung loosely around his neck. He didn't look back once, and neither did Jaehwa. Her smile never faltered.

'I'm sorry, Shoto. I'm so, so sorry.'

She raised her hand and called a waiter over. "I'd like the bill, please."

[/][\][/]

Flintstones, we're the flintstones-