M

❝You're dropping out of school?!

Jaehwa nodded, her wavy cobalt blue hair was tied up in a loose plait and her attire simply consisted of a white knitted sweater and jeans. Simple as could be, and her favourite sort of attire.

"Yes, I'll be gone by Wednesday," she smiled dreamily. "Isn't that wonderful, Hatsume? I don't ever have to come back here again! I can just laze around at home and-"

The young girl interrupted her. "Jae! You only have a year left here, then you'll be a fully qualified quirk specialist! Why're you stopping now?"

Jae sighed and slumped back in her seat, her hazel eyes drowsy and her lips pulled into a pout. "Hatsumeee, you're meant to support your big sister-"

"We're not even related."

Jae laughed. "That doesn't mean our spiritual connection isn't as strong, little one."

"Whatever," she sighed and put down her screwdriver and leaned back in her chair. "What did Todoroki think about this?! You suddenly dropping out of school and deciding to become a NEET?"

"I haven't... actually told him yet- hey, do you think I should have roses or carnations at my funeral?"

Hatsume frowned and shook her friend by the shoulders, careful to not knock over her newest baby invention. "Jae, you need to think carefully about this! This is your future we're talking about!"

"Ha! Jokes on you Mei, I don't have a future!"

"What are you talking about?!"

"A-Ah, nothing-" she smiled and waved her hands around. "Plus, I don't really need a job. My mum left a pretty hefty sum of money around when she passed, I must as well just hang around at home and get fat."

"I still don't think you should do that, Jae-"

The navy-haired girl grabbed her friends face and smooshed her cheeks together, to which Hatsume replied with a grumpy snarl. "Jaeshwa!"

Jae laughed and smiled at her. "Hatsume, stop worrying! Everything is going to be fine, okay? Just focus on your work, you're nearly at the end of your second year here! That's so amazing, so just forget about me, your future is all that matters right now. Just... just forget about me, I'm just a background character, so you must act like I am. Promise that you'll live life to the fullest, for me okay?"

"W-Why are you acting like you're going to die, Jae-"

"Don't make me laugh! I won't be dying anytime this week!" Jaehwa giggled and ruffled Hatsumes curly blossom-like locks, "And start washing your hair for me, next time I see you I want it to be shining!"

"Jae, stop it please -"

"I'll see ya around, Mei. Just make sure it's not any time soon!"

Jae sent her a brief smile and snatched up the pink-haired girl's hand, giving it a tight squeeze before dropping it and running out the room. The door closed with an abrupt click and the room was filled with an empty silence once again.

"... Jae?"

[/][\][/]

"It was lovely having you as a student here, Ms Kim. Please, maybe consider not leaving, you only have half a year left of school!"

The girl shook her head and signed the leaving papers. "That won't be necessary, Principle Nezu. I presume you already know of my condition. If not your quirk would be a bit of a bummer."

The mouse sighed. "Of course I know of your condition," he put his paw on her hand. "As a person who once suffered from the same illness, how would I not be able to notice if a fellow patient was around?"

He took his paw off her hand and once again began to type on his computer. "Well, Ms Kim. You are no longer a student, your health is no longer of my concern. I advise you to leave the school grounds as soon as possible-"

Jae's eyes widened slightly and her pupils sharpened before she forced herself to calm down, another guarded smile gracing her features. "Wait for a second mister, A fellow patient? This illness is meant to kill us before the age of 25, how are you still alive?!"

Nezu hummed but didn't stop his typing. "That would be because of the experiments because I contracted the illness due to a vigorous amount of animal testing, due to that my condition is unnatural. I'm estimated to survive around 17 years longer than those who inherited the illness."

"Oh..."

"Well, I do hope you survive for at least a couple more months, I really do, but I'm quite busy right now. Please, escort yourself to the front gates, I will prepare a taxi to escort you to your condominium. Thank you for your time."

She forced a smile. "Y-Yeah, I'll see you later I guess-"

"Oh no, Ms Kim. I'm sure we definitely won't."

[/][\][/]

Haha yeah, so long story short chapters will be published even quicker haha I'm genuinely excited-

nEaR, fAr, whereVER YOU ARE-

NEAAAAAR FAAAAAAAAAAAAAR, WHEREEEEEEEEEVER YOU AAAAAAARE-