Chapter 24

Wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it.
___

"So you're telling me that I called the owner of the hotel a creep?" Elliott put the car in gear. He backed out of the parking lot slowly turning onto the main road.

"Yep," Brin answered.

"What is wrong with me?"

"Many, many things."

"Ignoring that. Turn on the GPS, will you? I wanna see how far we are from Elmsville."

"Gladly."

In the crevices of her mind, Brin had a hard time finding comfort in her speech. For the time being-- this was fine. This being knowing looks, caring sighs and a budding relationship.

Sure, they'd head back to the same small town but who was to say this would last?

At present it was them and only them, nothing stopping them, nothing to divide them.

Factor in attending post secondary at the end of summer, parents, hobbies morphing into something deeper
and just the confusing chaos of life this wouldn't be so easy going.

"Brin?"

Not a peep.

"Brin? Hello...are you even listening?" Elliott briefly took his eyes off the road.

"Hm...what? You said something?"

"We should be there in a few hours. Maybe under five if we're lucky."

"Great."

"You don't sound great. What's up?"

"I'm just thinking."

"About?" Elliott passed a minivan with way too many kids inside.

"What if when we get back to Clearview everything changes? Like what if the only reason we're together is based on the here and now?"

Elliott sighed, taking her hand for the second time in 24 hours."It won't. I truly like you Brin and nothing is going to change that, alright? I promise."

"But what--"

"Brin. You're safe with me, you always have been. If it makes you feel any better I've wanted this since I saw you at Clearview High. I've made many missteps in my short life but you are not one of them."

"Thank you for saying that."

"I meant it."

After an hour had passed, Elliott pulled into a gas station. He lifted the nozzle pouring gasoline into the vehicle after paying the attendant.

Before his back hit the driver's seat, Brin buzzed with excitement. Her mouth met her squinted eyes, while a hand gripped Elliott's forearm.

"Somebody's excited."

"Uh huh."

"What for? Is it because you saw me?" Elliott asked.

"While you are amazing to look at, no.
I just got an alert on my phone."

"Yeah, what about?" He smiled, hearing the engine turn over. Soon he felt the wind whipping at his hair on the two lane road.

Brin fished her cellphone out from where it had fallen underneath the seat (in her enthusiasm filled outburst) and checked the recent notification.

"No way!"

"What? I can't tell if that's a good 'no way' or a bad 'no way'," Elliott tried to sneak a peek.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Aug 28, 2020 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

It Started With A Bookजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें