Chapter 2

JD's POV

     "Greetings and Salutations."  I spoke in a husky tone.  The petit girl looked beyond terrified.  "W-wh-what?"  She stammered.  Her eyes got wide as she realized who the person standing before her was.  "N-no it can't be....YOURE NOT REAL!" She howled and fell to her knees, sobbing.  She put her hands over her face and shook her head back and forth, "you're not real, this is all just my imagination." She muttered repeatedly.

     I took a step back a little surprised at her reaction.  I furrowed my eyebrows, did I do this to her?  No she hated those kids as much as I did they FUCKING DESERVED WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM.  I sighed and forced a sympathetic look on my face. I tread lightly through the dirt and sat right beside her.  I lowered my hand to put on her back but, I quickly stopped myself.  I was genuinely sort of worried about her and I still wanted to do anything and everything to protect her.  Even if it means killing more of those assholes.

     "Veronica....I'm so sorry..." I whispered the fake sympathy still plastered on my face, the apology was also something I had to fake because I didn't even know what I was apologizing for.  I will not apologize for protecting her.  She whipped away her tears and looked up at me, "No your not.  And you never will be." Veronica scoffed and got up.  Well she was right, "You'll never be a good person JD.  EVER so stop acting so guiltless because we both know the truth."  She scowled.

     My lips curled upwards to form a malevolent smirk, I chuckled lightly and got to my feet.  "You never learn Ronnie do you?" I saw her flinch and as her voice quivered she quietly asked "JD please tell me what... what that's supposed to mean."  I smirked, "Oh Ronnie your so funny!  You really think I would spare Duke?"

     "No!" Veronica cried out as tears brimmed the corner of her eyes.  She grabbed the back of my trench coat and tried pulling me back. I almost immediately threw her off me.  I blocked out whatever else she yelled out and sauntered away. 

     To be fully honest, I had no idea where I was headed so I simply made my way towards Veronica's house hoping I would find Duke.  I kicked down the door and ran straight for the living room.  I stopped when I saw Heather McNamara and a little 3 year old boy, he looked how I looked when I was younger.  Oh my god....could he be...my eyes widened and I took a step back.  Heather McNamara held the little boy in her arms as she backed up and pressed herself up against the wall, "No you're dead...." Her voice was shaky and terrified.

      I was still focused on the smaller version of me.  I didn't know what to feel or what I should feel because I still felt nothing.  I closed my eyes and shook my head, I decided to ask the only question I had.  "I-is he?" Heather gulped, "Yes. Yes he is."  The small child still clung to Heather  looked up at me, "W-Who are you?" He asked in a squeaky voice.  Veronica burst through the door her eyes were puffy and her face was stained with tears.  I pulled her into a tight hug and forced that fake sorry look back on my face, "How could I not know I had a child?  Veronica I'm so sorry."  I murmured.

     "Mommy? Who is he?" The kid spoke in a whisper.  "H-he's...You're father Toby."