( Sidestory )The Witch

Y/n POV

You were walking through the cold of the forest, far away from your once home. 

That guy? Who was he? Why did he come after us?

You kept walking, your breath being visible in front of you as you breathed heavy.

Mimir "Lad, when was the last time you ad a proper meal?"

You kept walking, looking for anything that could be eaten.

Not sure, maybe since my dad was killed. You don't need to eat, so why do you care?

Mimir "I care because you're his son lad. If he were alive he'd want you to be able to survive."

You quickly snapped back, a fierce tone in your voice.

If he were alive he'd be here with me right now, wouldn't he? If he were alive, I would be in this forest ALONE!!!!

Your voice echoed throughout the forest, birds fleeing from their nearby branches with a flutter. Snow falling to the ground and hitting it with a thud. You stopped and looked around, nothing but baren trees and snow for as far as your young eyes could see. 

"Are you lost?"

You turned around, grabbed the ax and swinging it around to strike whoever was behind you. You lost your balance and fell to the floor, the ax piercing the snow and dirt as it sunk into the floor. You looked and saw a young woman, long black hair and a ragged grey cape adorning her all-white clothing. You looked at her with rapid breaths. 

Who are you?

The women looked at you before reaching her hand out, offering to help you.

??? "I'm Matilda, and you are?"

You brushed her hand away and stood up, grabbing your ax of the floor.

None of your business that's who. Go away, I don't need your pity.

You tried walking away but she spoke once more.

Matilda "Are you hungry? You look quite famished."

Mimir "Aye."

You stopped and grabbed him off your waist.

What are you doing?

Mimir looked at you with concern, or at least you thought it was, he didn't have any pupils.

Mimir "Ladie, you ain't had a proper meal in weeks, months even. The least you can do is get a small little thing in your stomach."

You looked at him with anger.

That's funny, I don't remember you saying anything when we were fighting whoever that guy was. You weren't concerned then, so why now?

Mimir looked hurt by that.

Mimir "Lad, you're the only one his sons that wasn't taken by thor. He would want you to make it through and have a good enough life that you wouldn't be living out here like a dog."

You sighed, knowing he was somewhat right. You put him back on your belt and turned towards the lady, who was still standing there looking confused.

Matilda "Well? What will it be? If you don't want to come to my place then the least I can do is give you something for your travels."

You closed your eyes before opening them back up and looking at the lady.

Where's your place? I'll only stay for a quick meal.