Chapter 5: Ultimatum

You have two choices. There is a wrong and there is a right. There is a yes and there is no. There is a selfish choice and a selfless choice. There are cases where this choice that you make can change everything in your life forever and cases where it can change the lives of the people around you.
When I blinked again, I was standing on a large rock in the middle of nowhere. It was flat which made for good place to stand on. It was black around me, with shades of blue in it. But I was not alone. There was a figure in a hood standing in front of me, holding my arm(I was getting a lot of deja vu at the moment). Her face was covered, except for a single strand of black hair sticking out of the hood. She had broken and tattered clothes, the form and structure of her body showed that she was strong and had been through many wars before being here and there seemed to be something terribly wrong with her right arm. It was almost as if it was a bag holding purple and green energy inside of it and this energy seeping out, breaking the bag in the process. Almost as through it was a piece of opaque glass in front of a purple and green wall and this glass was cracked and broken in separate places, revealing the wall and its colours....
"Hello?,"she asked, in a voice that sounded oddly familiar,"Alex, are you okay?"
I woke up from my daze. "Yes, I am okay. But, wait, who are you and how do you know my name?"
"There is no time to explain," she looked around, "I don't think there is anyway. We need to leave now."
"I am not going anywhere until I know who you are."
"You do not need to know that. All you need to know that the fate of the multiversd rests in your hands,"she grabbed my arms and even under the hood, it seemed like she was looking at me, in the eyes. It reminded me of before when...
"Hello? Can you up for a second and get us out of here," I saw her again and she was still looking at me and holding my arms, really tight this time. This time though, her right hand felt extremely hot
"I am awake," I replied, almost uncertain
"You seem to be drifting off continously. Can you focus and teleport us out of here," she asked
"I can't teleport,"I said,"My father could and it looks like I can't." I looked to the ground. It has been a month since he died...
"Yet," She said, with a hint of defiance in her voice, "You should be able to do it, soon enough."
"How do you know that?", I questioned
"I know things about you. More than what you think you know."
"What do u know and how do u know so much about me," I looked at her, trying to see what she looked like under the hood
"That's not important..., "she began
"Yes it is!,"I yelled, cutting her off. The energy in me began to flow with destructive intent."First, our ship gets invaded and as I am running away, I bump into you and now I am here, in this place whatever it is. And you want me to leave somewhere with you, wherever that is. And...,"the energy poured into my fingertips, preparing to vaporize the person in front of me." my friends could be dead and I didn't do anything to save them." I drop to my knees. I think about Casey and how I let her down...
"I know how that feels,"she sits down on a rock near me," to lose everything and to feel so powerless. But your friends, they are safe. I assure you that. This place...its not connected to the constraints of time and space. While you are in here, time doesn't move and when you go back, time is as it was when you left. How do I know this? I was trapped here for about 6000 years by a friend  of mine. I escaped. That's why I am broken and fractured. When I left, I was near you ship when it got invaded. I snuck in and came looking for me. Looks like you found me." She chuckled. It sounded so familiar. She looked at me and I looked back at her
"I will be able to tell you everything that you need to know later. But for now, I give you a choice: We can either go save your friends or we can go save the universe."
"What do u mean, 'save the universe'? ,"I finally asked
"I will tell after you make your choice,"I could not tell but I know that she had a smirk on her face," so choose:friends or universe?"
I  looked down and thought about it for a while. On one hand I could save those who are close to me or I could save everyone from whatever calamity that is coming. I looked up at her and made my choice
"Well, okay then, let's go," she stood up and grabbed my hands. As she pulled me up, I felt this spark of electricity and we left the place out of time.