Another Teenage Werewolf With Issues

Despite the nagging feeling in the pit of my stomach, I couldn't help but feel rather good about the day ahead. Derek wasn't there when I woke up this morning, but I also woke up with Dad placing a steaming cup of coffee on my bedside table. Derek must have slipped out when Dad got home, so I didn't let it bother me.

But if I had to be honest about my good mood this morning, I'd say it had something to do with Dad mentioning something about getting me my own set of wheels to get around - of course, something secondhand because it's not like a Sheriff's pay could afford a Porsche like someone's lawyer parents could... but I'm getting a car! Or a truck. Or anything. I wasn't picky. I've been scrolling through car dealership websites the entire way to school and a few of them caught my eye. Some of them a little... exhilarating for Dad's taste, but I'm willing to bet I could persuade him.

"Getting your own car?" Stiles scrunched his nose as the three of us made our way to the locker room, "What, the jeep's not good enough for you anymore?"

I rolled my eyes, "No, the jeep's great, lots of memories made in it an all. But need I remind you how many times I had to rely on Derek to drive me around because you had your own wheels and I didn't?"

"Like he minded?" Scott arched a brow.

"He doesn't, but having your own car is like having a pair of wings. It's a symbol of freedom and Independence."

My brother gave me a quizzical look, "You'd make a fine candidate for president someday." He sniffed awkwardly and shifted a glance between Scott and I, "So, uh, tonight's a full moon. How are we feeling about that?"

I clenched my jaw and tried thinking about anything but tonight. Before Stiles drove us to school, I've been spending the greatest part of the morning searching the garage for chains - I found some and already hid them in my room for in case. To say that I'm petrified was an understatement.

"Not like the last one." Scott replied with confidence, "I don't feel the same."

"Does that include the urge to maim and kill people like me?" Stiles wondered out loud.

"I swear I don't have the urge to maim and kill you," Scott promised as we entered the locker room.

I would've just left them at the entrance, but my mind's been so occupied about the full moon, that I hardly realized I've already ventured in too far.

"You know," Stiles pointed out, "you say that now but then the full moon goes up and out come the fangs and the claws and there's a lot of howling and screaming and running everywhere, okay? And it's very stressful on me and so yes, I'm still locking you up." He turned to me with an uncomfortable look, "And you, Riles? Should I... you know... I could..."

I acted like it didn't bother me, just to ease his worried thoughts, "Derek's going to help me. You just look after our boy here."

Scott shrugged, "Good to hear. But I do think I'm in more control now. Especially since things are good with Allison."

"Okay, I'm aware of how good things are with Allison," Stiles replied bluntly.

Scott grinned suggestively, "They're really good."

"I..." My brother choked, "Thank you, I know."

"I mean like, really good."

"All right, we get it!" I held up my hands for both of them to shut up, "Just make a sex tape and get it over with. Watching it will be less awkward that imagining it through the tone of voice you used in emphasizing 'really good'."

Scott didn't even seem offended by my remark and turned to my brother, "Yeah, all right. Did you get something better than handcuffs this time?"

My brother nodded, "Yeah, much better."