The One Where I Bit Someone

An ambulance showed up and a group of EMT's took Jackson away. It felt wrong seeing a person who I've known throughout high school, who was the same age as me, be zipped up in a body bag and announced dead. Who would've ever thought that it would turn out like this?

Lydia was devastated - wait, no, that's an understatement. She was out of it. The medical team had to give her something for the shock and called her mom to pick her up since she was unfit to drive. I would've gone with her to make sure she's okay, but Stiles was still missing and I was losing my shit over it. To be frank, I've been pacing up and down the lockers for minutes on end while Dad went through his notes with Scott and Isaac.

"I got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson." He checked off, "I've got an APB out on Stiles. His jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means... The hell, I don't know what that means."

His emotions poured into me and nearly made me break down crying. He felt so helpless. I've never seen him like this since Mom died. Despite my own panic and stress, I grabbed his hand and tried projecting some calm energy towards him, which was harder while I actually wanted to scream.

Dad let out a slow breath, "Um, look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if either one of you sees him -"

"We'll call you," Isaac promised.

"Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him." Scott added to ease Dad's nerves.

I was briefly informed that Stiles scored three goals after I ran off to save Isaac, of which one of them was the winning goal. That made me feel even worse for not being there to cheer him on in his moment of glory. Damn, I felt like a werebitch. I probably exceed in How to be a Horrible Sister 101.

"Don't worry, Dad." I breathed and gave his arm a hug, "Just focus on Jackson's death and the paperwork. This isn't the first time Stiles has run off. He'll show up eventually."

How could I sound so convincing when I wanted to lose my mind? Luckily Dad seemed to believe it and wandered out of the locker room, eyes glued on his notes in mild concentration. This was even harder for him than for me. His son was missing and he couldn't do anything about it since he had other responsibilities first.

While my nerves were all over the place, Coach had a word with Scott about getting his grades up if he wanted to be on the team and he also said something about Greenberg... but I wasn't listening. I remembered telling Ramona to join me at the game earlier, though she never showed up. Maybe if she was, all of this wouldn't have happened. She was obviously more experienced than I was, she might have had an idea to stop it.

Stiles was missing and I felt like it's my fault.

That's the bottom line.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and pulled myself together. I'm an alpha - right? A leader. And even though I've never felt like one, I could only guess that a leader never curled up in a ball and wallow in self-pity. Derek never did it. I'm sure Peter never even thought about it. And I wasn't going to start. No one knew about me being an alpha yet - heck, I was still getting over the shock! But perhaps taking the lead on this case was a good way to begin.

When everyone left the locker room, I quickly approached Stiles' locker and ripped the door off. Scott and Isaac jumped back when I threw it over my shoulder and dig into my brother's possessions.

"What are you doing?" Scott asked at my back.

"We're finding Stiles by scent." I announced and passed them an object each, "Take a whiff, boys. Three noses are better than one."