LIV

When I saw that I was close to reaching 50 chapters, I decided that I was going to try to stop at 70 chapters total, but I still have so much to say about Alison and Lorenzo and I don't like it? But at the same time I can't condense everything in less than 20 chapters, so brace yourselves for a ton of content I guess.

To everyone who saw my last message on the Message Board and commented: thank you. I read every word and I want you to know that it means a lot to have your support. I love you. 💖
I deleted it because I didn't feel like having it up there, but I saw your replies.

~ But the other woman will always cry herself to sleepThe other woman will never have his love to keepAnd as the years go by the other womanWill spend her life alone ~

The other woman will never have his love to keep
And as the years go by the other woman
Will spend her life alone ~

"Baby, I don't want to pressure you, but I'm concerned for your health and I firmly believe that you're not making the correct choice by being here. That..." Lorenzo halted before cautiously resuming his speech. "That looked like a psychotic episode, and I'm definitely not qualified for something that serious." His deep baritone flowed right into my ear and filled my head, the sound of his voice temporarily chasing away those horrible thoughts that kept tormenting me with every breath I took.

I placed my hands over his arms— which were wrapped around my slightly shivering body in a warm, comforting embrace, and squeezed them reassuringly. "I don't want someone who is qualified, I just need you to hold me." I replied feebly, sighing when he laid a kiss on the top of my head.
I discarded my Chanel mules and let them fall on the car floor with a low thud, before bringing my legs up and lying across the backseat, my head resting on his chest.

"I still think that you should let me drive you to the hospital. Without threatening to jump out of my car and into the traffic this time." He said the last sentence in a reprimanding tone and, even though I wasn't looking at him, I could still see the thin stress lines creasing his forehead as he recalled that specific moment. Poor Lorenzo, after he'd spent over 10 minutes patiently trying to calm me down and help me understand that it was just him, that he wasn't a stranger and that I was in the safety of his office, he'd told Mr. Gordon that he was going to take me to the hospital and that I was excused for the rest of the day.

However, I hadn't been very cooperative, and I had started throwing a fit as soon as he'd put me in his car, to the point where I had threatened to "fucking slam this door open and jump" while the car was in motion. "I just got out of the hospital yesterday, I don't want nor need to go back there."

Lorenzo exhaled deeply and his muscles tensed underneath me, just like they had done when he had mentioned that psychotic attack, so I knew that he was going to bring up something related to that. "Ali, are you going to tell me what happened? It's fine if you're not ready, but if you are holding back because you think that I might, I don't know, judge you or whatever, then please stop worrying and start talking." His voice was charged with genuine concern, laced with protectiveness, and I felt my resistance wearing thin.