[𝟙𝟜:𝟝𝟛]

a contented sigh escaped jisung's lips as he finished up the final touches of his alluring painting. leaning back in satisfaction, he checked over every single detail of the appealing artwork, a cute grin spreading across his face. 

whilst the painting managed to portray person’s most charming features, it did little to capture the overall feel of the beautiful boy he was attempting to picture. slightly disappointed in his work, he tried to picture the ethereal boy he considered his muse, lee minho.

the dancer was a fellow student at jisung's arts school, and ever since the first time he laid his eyes on minho, he knew the boy would constantly be on his mind 24/7. he’d watched him perform around school and had mutual friends, and it seemed that the more jisung heard about minho, the more in love he was with him.

minho was everything jisung ever wanted in a guy: handsome, charming, and talented. Soon enough, minho became a ray of sunshine in jisung's life, and jisung admittedly spent a crazy amount of time admiring him from afar. 

sighing, jisung started to gather the brushes scattered across the desk he painted on and dunked them into the cup he had prepared, too lazy to wash them properly. walking over to the familiar little couch of the vacant art room, jisung flopped down knowing the paint needed time to dry. 

usually, he painted his incredibly personal artwork at home, leaving him time in the spacious art room strictly for class work. however today, jisung was urged by his best friend felix to work on it while he had detention again for making a mess at the library. 

for the sole purpose of making felix buy him lunch tomorrow, jisung agreed, deciding to use the time to finish up his latest work. and lucky for him, his art teacher trusted him enough to let him use the room unsupervised as long as he returned all the materials. 

scrolling through social media with his phone, jisung was too distracted to notice a masculine figure peak inside the room until the sound of a throat being cleared startled him into looking up into the sparkling eyes of the one and only lee minho.

after recognizing who it was, jisung quickly got off the couch, completely awestruck by his crush’s sudden appearance. “hey jisung, is it cool if I stay here for a bit? i’m waiting on changbin to get out of detention and the teachers keep kicking me out of the halls so he told me to go here.”

minho asked, eyes searching around the room curiously which luckily prevented him from noticing jisung's flustered and shy appearance. 

jisung was shocked that minho knew his name, considering the two of them only crossed paths once in a blue moon. he was also a little annoyed finding out that changbin had detention too, because that meant him and felix definitely planned this shit. jisung cringed at the thought of the chatty pair telling his crush all the embarrassing things about him. 

in his daze, jisung completely seemed to forget about his lovestruck painting a few feet away until he noticed minho’s eyes squinting at it. “oh my god this is so embarrassing!” jisung squealed adorably, running over and attempting to block the canvas from minho's view. 

minho just laughed brightly, furrowing his brows at his actions. at first jisung thought he was going to make fun of him, but instead he stepped forward, his lips grew into a smile. 

“please don’t make this any worse for me,” jisung mumbled softly, still holding his arms up to block out the artwork. minho just kept walking forward, placing his hands on jisung's shoulders. 

“don’t be shy, I wanna see it!” minho pleaded warmly, using his grip on jisung's shoulders to lightly steer him away from the painting. jisung looked at the painting in horror, watching minho’s eyes take in the art. he stared in awe, mouth hanging open in awe at all the detail and effort jisung put in to the painting of him. 

“wow, jisung, this is better than what changbin described” he commented, causing jisung to panic internally. “what do you mean ‘better than changbin described’?” he inquired, fully prepared to just sink into the floor out of embarrassment. 

“uhhh... well,” minho paused, giving jisung a sheepish look. “changbin kind of told me about your hobby...” now jisung knew he needed new friends. in his head he was quickly debating whether he should just run away and adopt a new identity or create an elaborate lie about how this was a project for class when minho’s voice cut through his swarm of thoughts. 

“hey, stop freaking out, he only told me because I kept asking about you.” This was not anymore assuring, and only added to jisung's distress. minho? asking about him? yeah right.

“you don’t have to lie to make me feel better. I guess I’m officially outed as some pathetic fanboy already so you can just leave me alone now.” jisung responded bitterly, knowing he’d never be able to live today down. minho ignored his words and instead came closer. before jisung knew it, minho had both of his hands in jisung's, rubbing soft and soothing circles onto his skin with his thumbs. 

“jisung, stop being dramatic. i actually did ask changbin about you, but do you know why?” minho asked, a shy smile etching onto his face. 

“why?” jisung asked quietly, holding onto any hope that it was for a good reason.  

“because I like you too, obviously.”