Episode XIV

Naoki shifted uncomfortably on the stool he stood on as the woman was taking his measures. There were only few months left until the Ceremony of Beaulieu where he'd make his first official appearance, they had no time to waste.
At the doorway, Yui was observing the tailor and her doings with sharp eyes, waiting for the boy to be freed so she could have a quick talk with the quickly growing boy.

It was about recruiting new people into Paravento. Over the past months, Yui had been pulling on several strings, called in favours and looked for certain kinds of people. People who needed help and were willing to help. She'd occasionally showed them for Naoki to be screened, but so far he hadn't approved many.

There had been one very unstable storm by the name Angelo Pavarotti, whom Naoki had immediately disqualified. The teen had later on explained that the young man gave him very bad feeling, there was something very messed up in that brain. And true to his intuition, Angelo proved himself to be one with a name. Mostly over his multiple treasons that had resulted in many messy deaths.

There had been a teenaged girl by the name Kazuha, whose obsessive nature was very uncomfortable to the Primo along with her not always thinking before she acted. Then there had been Kyoya, who'd turned out to be Valentino's missing Cloud, so for obvious reasons he couldn't be recruited. Mai had been gold digger type, trying to climb the ladder to success by charming people, so she couldn't be trusted.

Despite the huge amount of disapproved members, there had been few who had managed to get in, like André, a timid French man, who had a good eye-hand-coordination, and Lucia, a young assassin in the making.
Yui glanced at the door, hoping silently that this one would also get a pass.

"And there we go mister Paravento. Your new suit should be ready in two weeks", miss Miura said as she smiled at Naoki tenderly. He'd decided to use the name of the Famiglia when dealing with mafia business and the eye colour changing trick he'd recently learned from Nanami had come in handy. The teen stepped down from the pedestal, his senses picking up on the two extra people in the room.

The teen beelined to the smoke who lied in waiting for him and the other person he didn't recognise.

"Smoke", he stated with very business like voice, after all, he needed to make sure that he'd have his act together before the Ceremony. Yui bowed her head ever so slightly to her Fire. To her, Naoki wasn't exactly on the level of friend yet, he was more of a leader, and thus she respected his actions and decisions, only questioning them if they made no apparent sense. The illusionist gestured at the tall male next to her, who took a little too deep of a bow. Naoki stood there slightly confused, his hand extended for a shake as he'd noted that the newcomer was European. After a while of staring at the boy, he allowed his hand to drop, turning his attention to Yui, brows up in question.

Yui moved weight from her left to the right foot uneasily, there was that soul scanning gaze again. She was certain that her illusions would do no good against them. Wait... Had Naoki even come across an illusion before? She needed to investig- ahh, we're getting off the track here.

"This is Arthur Hemsworth, though he prefers the name Galahad for some reason. I believe that he might fit into the Famiglia", "Any special talents? Known flames? Past records?", "He's turning 23 in May, a strong Lightning-Rain, also he claims to have something called Electrolysis Flame. His main weapon of choice appears to be a shield. The rest of the information are in the file I left on your desk".

Naoki's eyes swept over the bo-man as he now properly took in his appearance. The short snowlike white hair that was styled neatly onto what most would call "Tamaki hair" framed his face creating an illusion of an older teen, his yellow eyes were sharp and awaiting for an order like an obedient Queen's Hound. He was dressed in rather old fashioned way, waistcoat and a bow tie, but it didn't really look bad on him. It actually made him look pretty good.