chapter 1: ... another begins.

thought of the day: ''guardsmen make do.''- Janice Vadiik, veteran of the imperial guard.

location: Remnant

no pov

it was a normal day in the emerald forest until a strange portal appeared spitting out five figures three of these figures lie unconscious as the other two stand up one seemed to be a boy wearing imperial guard soldier clothes while the other was a large red creature standing on clawed feet it was missing one of his arms from the elbow down. the boy and the creature charged each other. the creature slashed the boy in the face with a clawed hand but de boy decapitated the creature with his sword. the creature disappeared in a red mist. the boy went to the three other figures two of which woke up the other was still unconscious.

another boy wearing the outfit of a commissar was the first to speak.

commissar boy: lord commander is that you?

after that, the commissar boy started to feel at his face.

Jaune: yes i-

he stopped immediately when he heard his voice and started to feel at his face.

commissar boy: how did we become so young?

Jaune: i don't know, but who are you two?

commissar boy: it's me, commissar Augustus Valentinian.

then the other figure that woke up spoke after feeling her own face for a second.

girl: i guess i also became young, my name is captain 'boomstick' Jacki i hadn't introduced myself before thanks to the heretics running at us.

a grunt was heard as a Death Korps sergeant stood up but was missing an arm.

Death Korp's sergeant: watchmaster 096235-642751-ER reporting.

she said while saluting with her left arm. and then started to bandage her stump.

Jacki: something else we could call you if not I'm going to call you maski

096235-642751-ER: the commissar attached to my unit called me Erika.

commissar Valentinian: could you remove your mask so that we could see your face Erika, their me be a pattern.

Jaune: i doubt it, commissar you where 73 last year and i am 107 if there was a pattern you and probably these two would not be born if we all de-aged 90 years.

before they could continue they were interrupted by a black dog-like creature with bone armour. but before it could do anything it was shot by Jaune using Purpura Mors and now he knew where they were and he hated the fact that he knew.

Jaune: i know were we are.

commissar Valentinian: were?

Jaune: a planet named Remnant.

Jacki: wich segmentum is it part of maybe we can get a quick ride back to the battle.

Jaune: it is not part of the Imperium.

commissar Valentinian: how do you know of it then?

Jaune: since i was born on this planet.

commissar Valentinian: but in your file states that you're from Kerkrader, how could you be born on a world that isn't even part of the imperium?

Jaune: when i was seventeen i was brought to Kerkrader by a warp portal lets go to a settlement I will explain everything there as well as getting Erika to a doctor.