chapter 5: knowledge is power, guard it well.

thought of the day: one shouldn't judge someone for killing, one should judge the reasons why he killed. - unknown

location: beacon cafeteria 

Pov: Jaune

at the table most were looking at me those from Remnant in shock, and those from the imperium with curiosity wanting to see if i can tell them more.

Jacki: so you have seen a titan and a space marine on the same day?

Jaune: yes.

Weiss: it seems so impossible half a million for a city, how could it be worth that many people?

Jaune: correction a hive-city, basically put take al four kingdoms make it one city than stack that city onto itself till you can't go any higher. and to but simply it was half a million of ours in exchange for a hive-city six destroyed titans and around one to two million heretics.

Ruby: still that's so much death.

commissar Valentinian: there are always worse death tolls, that is also forgetting about exterminatus.

Blake: exterminatus?

commissar Valentinian: the act of destroying a whole world to save billions.

this shocked those from Remnant more than before, as was to be expected.

Pyrrha: was that ever ordered?

commissar Valentinian: yes i along with the lord commander were there when it was ordered one time.

flashback commissar Valentinian pov

i stood on the strategem deck with the lord commander an admiral Stone and an inquisitor Xavier as well as high ranking officers and commanders of other regiments. we were discussing strategy while waiting for the reports from the surface to come in. we finally received a visual feed from the surface. what we saw were once glories imperial cities laid to waste and defiled by the forces of chaos. when i looked to see the reactions from the people around me i saw most of the lower officers being shocked and the higher ranking enraged, one regiment was stricken by grief this was probably their homeworld. we were brought back to the task at hand by the inquisitor.

inquisitor Xavier: i suggest we do not send any more troops to the planet.

a commander slammed his fist on the strategem table.

commander: what! we need to take back this planet.

inquisitor Xavier: this planet is already defiled by the enemy and all current signs show that this heresy came from within.

Lord commander Arc: then what would you suggest inquisitor? we can not leave this world in the hands of these heretics.

before the inquisitor could answer a vox transmission came in as well as a new visual feed. the vox transmission was filled with heretical chants and the visual feed saw a squad of guardsmen be sacrificed to some sort of demon. both were cut as soon as we knew what they were.

inquisitor Xavier: exterminatus will be necessary.

angered commander: i will not allow it, that is our home!

the angered commander tried to threaten the inquisitor with a laspistol.

lord commander Arc: commissar perform your duty!

commissar Valentinian: understood sir.

i turned to the commander who held the laspistol and shot him with mine, his body fell over and hit the deck.