Prologue

Hi there! Before you read this make sure you listen to the song that i choose while reading this part, it'll make this story more real!
——————————————————-
"Hey Peg."

Peggy who was listening to a classic song in the living room looked back and met the person she really wanted to meet again after years.

Steve Rogers, a man with a warm heart whom she met back in the military, who promised to dance with her but ended up sleeping for 70 years in the ice to save many lives.

Peggy began to shed tears as she approached Steve and gently stroked Steve's cheek. Steve then grabbed Peggy's hand on his cheek and squeezed it.

"I'm home."

Steve held Peggy tightly, buried his face in  Peggy's hair then taking a deep breath. Peggy could hear Steve's heartbeat and closed his eyes, letting tears flow from her eyes. 

"I can't believe you're here Steve, how can you-"

"Never mind about it Peggy, forget it for now, I'm here to meet you and pay my debt to you."

Steve then raised his head and straightened his body. He put his hand on Peggy's waist and held Peggy's hand with his other hand.

They began to move to the beat, Peggy led the pattern of the floor and Steve followed slowly, trying not to step on Peggy's feet.

After getting used to it, Steve then put his head back on Peggy's hair, closed his eyes and enjoyed the dance he had been waiting for 70 years.

'Kiss me once then kiss me twice then kiss me once again, its been a long long time ...'

'Haven't felt like this my dear, since can't remember when ... its been a long long time ...'

'You never know how many dreams I dreamed about you ... or just how empty they are seemed without you ...'

'So kiss me once then kiss me twice then kiss me once again, its been a long long time ...'

They continued to dance, to the tune of the song and enjoy each other's presence in their arms.

After a few minutes, the song finally stopped, and so did those who immediately stopped the movement but still hugged each other.

Peggy released her hug from Steve then gave him a warm smile. "Well you can dance Steve, do you take dance lessons?"

Steve are about to answer it but his heart clenched just after Peggy asked him. Steve then looked down a little and then looked at the wooden floor.

"Are you okay Steve?"

Steve just shook his head slowly then looked back at Peggy with a blank look in his eyes.

"I lost that person Peg, I had to lose her in order to get everyone back."

Steve's eyes began to glaze over, but he refrained from crying in the eyes of the woman he loved.

"I lost my best friend, my partner, someone who was always there for me in every situation."

Peggy tried to calm Steve down by stroking his back, while listening to his words.

"I lost that woman Peg."

Tears ran down Steve's cheeks, he couldn't accept the death of someone who was very meaningful in his life.

"I lost Natasha."

To be continued...
——————————————————-
Hi welcome to the new series of my AU! I decided to this story but don't worry i still updating the old ones! This happens when i was at class and i get an idea for another AU and i'm so excited for this story! I'll try to update it ASAP for y'all!!

Hope you guys enjoy the prologue and i see you all in the next chapter! Ily all 💖

-xoxo