Chapter 1

"Steve."

"Sorry. did I daydream again?"

Steve put the newspaper he was holding on the table then looked at Peggy who was standing in front of him. 

"You've been daydreaming a lot lately, are you OK, Steve?"Peggy approached Steve and gently stroked her cheek.  Steve closed his eyes for an instant, feeling Peggy's warm hands on his cheeks.

"Yes, I'm fine Peg, don't worry about me."

No. Steve is not fine. Everything about him has changed since he lost Natasha.  "Is this about Natasha again?" Peggy asked again as she continued to rub Steve's cheek.

Steve just nodded slowly in agreement. He did not want Peggy to think that he still could not give up on Natasha.

Peggy took a deep breath then sighed.

"Alright then, I'll go to the market now to shop. Is there anything you want for breakfast?"

Steve leaned back in his chair and thought for a moment.

"Hmm ..."

Suddenly the word peanut butter sandwich appeared in his mind and he immediately said it to Peggy.

"Peanut butter sandwich."

"What?"

"I want peanut butter sandwich for breakfast."

Peggy fell silent for a moment then smiled a little at Steve's request for breakfast.

"Are you sure you want that for breakfast Steve? You usually have a larger portion for your meal." She giggles.

Steve was surprised. "Does that sound weird to you Peg?"

Peggy shook her head and then took her handbag from the table.

"No no no, I'm just a little surprised by your request, because you've never asked for peanut butter sandwich before."

"Oh ..." Steve answered curtly then looked back at the cup of coffee in front of him.

Steve then took his hot coffee and then drank it slowly. Peggy could only sigh again because of Steve's unusual behavior lately.

Peggy walked over and kissed Steve on the right cheek before she left for the market.

That morning was very peaceful, only the sound of birds chirping and water dripping from the taps were heard.

Steve then took his newspaper and then began to read it again.

10 minutes passed, Steve was still reading his newspaper while drinking his hot coffee in the dining room.

The house was very quiet, there was only Steve there.

"Peanut butter sandwich for breakfast? Seriously Rogers? that's not your style."

Steve's eyes widened, his heart pounding faster as he heard the voice.

"This voice ..." Steve then looked around the room only to find the owner of the familiar voice behind him. Steve stopped and looked at the owner of the voice leaning against the wall behind him with a warm smile on her face.

"Hi Steve."

Steve's tears suddenly wet his cheeks. Steve who doesn't usually cry suddenly shed tears in front of his best friend who had died.

"Natasha? How can you-"

Natasha walked over and leaned over a little and gave Steve a small smile.

"You're a crybaby, Rogers."

Steve quickly wiped the tears from his cheeks, but he still cried.

"I miss you."

Natasha's voice. Yes Steve really missed listening to Natasha's voice.

He missed Natasha's mockery, he missed Natasha calling him by the nickname she made. He missed everything about Natasha.

Her red-blonde hair, her laughs, her smile. Damn how can he missed a woman that much? He never missed someone this badly even after he lost Peggy, he never missed her this much.

"Come here."

Natasha walked closer and bring Steve closer to her, pulling his hand and put his head in her chest.

"I miss you Rogers, i really do."

Steve could not utter a word, His tongue was stiff, he couldn't speak.

'Natasha is here, she's in my arms, she's real. oh god she's real.' Steve put his arm around Natasha tightly, not wanting to let go of her.

Steve took a deep breath, inhaled Natasha's scent.

'She's real. Gosh she's here.' Steve kept saying it in his mind, refused to think that this is another daydream.

Natasha then stroked Steve's hair and playing with it.

"Stop crying Rogers, you wet my uniform."

Steve then backed away a little to looked up to see Natasha's face. His blue eyes stared into Natasha's green eyes.

"Sorry, I just can't help it Nat."

Steve moved away a little from Natasha and then took her hand in his .

Steve then stroked it with his other hand smoothly ."Gosh, you're real. You're alive Nat ..."

Seconds later, he raised Natasha's hand and kissed it.

Natasha just silently looked down at Steve's behavior that she had never seen before.

Tears dripped from Natasha's eyes, a broad smile clearly visible on her face.

But Natasha wiped that 'happy' tears off her cheeks immediately, she didn't want Steve to worry about her.

The only thing that matters for now is that Steve is with her. He's there for her, from now on.

to be continued...
——————————————————-
There you go, a heart warming reunion of our favorite friendship , or should i say our favorite couple? There's more to come, i'm really excited of how far this story could go, i have a lot of idea for this AU!

This story is Romanogers story, there's Peggy in it but believe me its not about Steggy *sorry not sorry*

Anyway hope you guys like this chapter, I'll try to update ASAP for y'all!

-xoxo