five.

it was a quarter after five, the sun was beginning to rise, and solar was everything but asleep

it was a quarter after five, the sun was beginning to rise, and solar was everything but asleep. she wandered around the mikaelson home- no, klaus' home, this place would never be a home for her. this place would never be considered home no matter how many marble floors and crystal chandeliers or chocolate coated strawberries offered to her by butlers; klaus always knew those were her favorite. bribery, she thought, would take a lot more than her favorite snack.

a couple minutes passed and solar was eating a chocolate covered strawberry in defeat. she wandered some more and eventually she was standing over the stairs of the basement. she looked down the dark staircase and couldn't  help but think about how easy it would be to wake up her siblings. is she a traitor to her siblings for being afraid of klaus? for putting her own safety above the rest of her siblings? well, the last one just made her selfish, she thought.

she decided to be selfish, it couldn't be this easy, she thought. so she turned her 5'1 (she insists she's 5'1 and a half) self around only to be met by klaus. his face was rather calm, some may say too calm. "looks like angel made the right choice." he said with a straight face, his eyes traveling to the half eaten chocolate covered strawberry, "now I see why." he continued, with a small smile.

solar knew what he was doing. joking around with her, and using that god awful nickname. angel. she remembered that nickname to be something she loved, but she also remembered klaus to be someone she loved. things change, and all she could do now was fake smile.

she tried to fake a smile, but it looked more awkward then genuine. and for a second, solar almost believed her half-assed smile made klaus ... upset? a flash of sadness, maybe, quickly masked up. or maybe solar's own eyes were messing her, nowadays she couldn't believe anyone anymore.

"don't call me angel."

solar sat on the salvatore's couch, awaiting their arrival. solar played with the end of her ponytail, running her fingers through it. she wasn't sure why she wore a high ponytail with extensions that went for miles, she just always did. solar had come up with an idea, perhaps she could simply trick klaus that she was doing the spell. she knew a spell that would make him feel powerful, and trick him into thinking it was working. a placebo, if you will. but would klaus fall for that? she wasn't sure.

her thoughts were interrupted by damon salvatore, "hey sunshine," he said, almost sarcastically. he was most probably referring to their conversation a couple days ago about the meaning behind her name. "how can I help you?"

"i've come up with a plan- for elena that is." she replied. "well," damon replied "elaborate." solar smiled, "'we murder her" she said sarcastically. damon just rolled his eyes, "you came all this way for a mediocre joke?" solar contemplated what he had said, was she really sure she wanted to help elena anyways? should she share her plan with damon? what did elena ever do for her anyways. and plus, solar could get over the brother revenge thing. she'd rather help him and in return make him undagger his siblings. solar decided not to share her plan with damon as of now, maybe it was the wrong thing to do, but what's a little lie?

"well, it wasn't mediocre."

——

A/N: how do u feel about her decision to not help. :000