OO3. "You could've been the worldkiller you were born to be."

[sO1eO6 , infiltrator]

Despite Mara's last screw up, the Shadows have assigned her as part of their crew again. She's grateful for their second chance and doesn't question it. She says nothing as she's shoved in a vehicle with a group of black-clad assassins.

The Daily Planet has vital information that the Shadows need. The newspaper company would've been the next victim to the Fog if not for the interference of Robin and his team.

Mara can't help but squirm the entire ride there. She's a part of Team A. It's her job to cause chaos as a distraction as Team B steals a chip card. The demigoddess isn't too sure about that part of the plan. No one filled her in. Ella was supposed to be alongside Mara, but the brunette mysteriously disappeared a couple of nights ago and no one has heard from her since.

Mara's completely alone in this now.

The vehicle comes to an abrupt stop. Mara looks out the window. A small smile graces her lips as she watches a father and daughter giggle and splash around in a fountain. Beside them, a young woman runs in circles with her dog, laughing when the furry canine finally catches up to her. Another woman argues loudly on the phone and a teenager narrowly misses her on his skateboard, causing a flow of colorful words to leave her mouth.

All these people have their own lives. Their own paths. It almost doesn't feel right to tell them what they can or can't do. To tell them that their future is going to be completely changed by the God of War.

She's always had questions for her father about the new world but he reassured her that everything will make sense in the end. Still, Mara has questions. What if someone defies the new order? What will happen to all of the animals? What if the Justice League tries to stop them? Most of all, she can't help but wonder what will become of the children? Being raised a warrior is no easy feat. It causes internal wounds that will never go away.

Does the child playing hopscotch on the sidewalk deserve to grow up fighting battles? Or the pregnant woman who excitedly talks about baby names with her husband? Does everything deserve to be ripped away from them?

Mara's never seen this side of Earth. She's only been shown the anger and destruction. The wars that mankind creates. Seeing this, it's like a completely separate dimension. It's so different from the stories her father told her growing up.

Things are starting to make less sense to Mara as Harmonia's words reverberate in her skull, not everything is as it seems, dear sister.

But Mara vowed to save this world and that's just what she'll do. The people of Man's World will see bloody knuckles and broken bones but it will all be for the better. Once they are all-powerful, they will finally know peace and they will thank Mara for her dedication.

She's doing the right thing. She has to be.

Mara brutally forces herself through a window while a swarm of ninjas join her side. They immediately start in their terror while the other half of the party freezes, unsure of where or what to do. Her accomplices took the word 'distraction' and ran with it. They flip desks, slice their swords through the air, throw chairs, and break whatever they can get their hands on―despite the horrified screams of the civilians. In a matter of seconds, what was once a respected and cherished environment looks worse than the slums in Gotham.

A young boy hides behind his mother. An assassin raises his katana to them. With a gasp, Mara rushes over. She barely manages to catch the blade with the palm of her hand. Blood gushes from the wound but she ignores the pain and shoves the weapon aside.