ii. 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖒𝖆𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖔𝖋 𝖕𝖔𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘

two
the master of potions

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕿𝖗𝖎𝖜𝖎𝖟𝖆𝖗𝖉 𝕿𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖆𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙
ℜ𝔲𝔩𝔢𝔰

1. Entrants must be 17 or older to enter.

2. Entrants must have a parental/guardian permission before entering. If not and the entrant is picked as champion, the entrant will face punishments.

3. If you are of eligible age, you do not under any circumstances enter a student whose age is not 17 or above.

4. Before entering, you must
thoroughly consider your choice. This competition is and remains dangerous.

5. You must complete the three tasks, unless of extenuating circumstances (see small text below) and ensure that you keep on top of your schoolwork, as being a champion won't be an eligible excuse for late homework.

7. Aurors will be placed within every task, ensuring your safety. They will only ever intervene if your life is at risk due to the task. You do not have the right to bribe them into helping you complete a trial. If so, you will be disqualified from the tournament.

8. No more than two students from each school will be chosen as champion for their school, to ensure you always have backup. It is not always necessary for you to finish tasks together, you must help each other to complete them but if one falls behind, the other must continue.

9. The tasks remain brutally punishing and all entrants must understand that they need to be academically excelled as well as physically.

10. The winners shall win one thousand galleons each and eternal glory.

ᴇxᴛᴇɴᴜᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴄɪʀᴄᴜᴍsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇs: ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ.

▬▬▬▬▬

        On the first day of lessons, Artemis was late. Typical.

        It's not like she was entirely to blame. After the Welcome feast ended, Artemis carefully slipped away from her friends, pretending to search for her brother. When in reality, she went to seek out solace in the Astronomy Tower, for just a moment to clear her mind. She didn't intend to fall asleep underneath the stars, it kind of just happened, although it wasn't out of the ordinary.

        Artemis often escaped to the Astronomy Tower at nighttime to clear her thoughts—mostly because she enjoyed the company of the stars that allowed her fantasies to roam freely and wishfully. Last night she had wrapped herself like a cocoon in a transfigured blanket, relaxing against the wooden floor and stared unblinkingly up at the twinkling stars, welcoming her home. Her thoughts wondered towards a new world, a different universe somewhere amongst the stars where Astoria Malfoy, her mother, was still alive. Where her grandparents weren't known as cowards or branded as pathetic Death Eaters. Where her father wasn't forced to become a petulantly ignorant child, or be pressured to do such awful and unlawful things.

        In this universe, Scorpius didn't hate the idea about being sorted into Slytherin. Where Artemis didn't hate herself or feel as if the whole world watches her closely, waiting impatiently for her to slip up—or something. As much as it pained her to even think this, but Artemis sometimes wishes she wasn't a Malfoy.