The Parents

CHAPTER 10

CHAPTER 10

(Val POV)

The next day we were in remedial goodness class and Fairy Godmother was happier than ever.

"Children, excuse me. Um, as you know, uh, this Sunday is family day here at Auradon prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat," Fairy Godmother explains before walking back to the front and turning on a TV. When the TV comes on mom's face is really up close to it.

"I don't see anything, nor do I hear," Mom says as she backs up to reveal the other parents.

"Kids!" Fairy Godmother says as she motions us forward.

"Is it... is it... is... Press enter. Can I please see a remote? Is this thing on? Ugh, It's broken. Ugh! I hate electronic equip..." Mom complains before it comes on and they can see us.

"Oh! Evie, It's mommy. Oh! Look how beautiful. Oh, you know what they say, the poison apple doesn't fall far from the tree," The Evil Queen says and Evie waves.

"Don't you mean the weeds?" Mom asks.

"Ooh! Who's the old bat?" Cruella asks.

"This is Fairy Godmother," Mal answers.

"Still doing tricks with eggplants?" Mom asks.

"I turned a pumpkin into a beautiful carriage," Fairy Godmother defends.

"You really couldn't give Cinderella until one A.M.? I mean, really. What, the hamsters had to be back on their little wheels?" Mom questions.

"They were mice! They were not... they were mice. They were not..." Fairy Godmother corrects before she walks away.

"Hi, mom," Mal and I say at the same time.

"Mal! Val! I m..m..miss you," Mom stutters out.

"You children are never far from our thoughts," Jafar states.

"I got it. How long must mommy wait to see you both?" Mom asks.

"Um, there's a big coronation coming up," I tell her.

"I think sometime probably after... that," Mal adds.

"When?" Mom asks.

"Friday, 10 A.M," I answer her.

"You sure I can't see you before that? I don't know what I'll do If I don't get my hands on that magic wan..." Mom goes to say but the Evil Queen thumps her head. "You... you little nuggets that I love so much."

"Yes, we completely understand, mother," Mal and I say at the same time.

"Carlos, is that a dog? Oh, yes, yes, baby, I do understand. It would make the perfect size for earmuffs," Cruella says as she gets up close to the camera.

"He's the perfect size for a pet," Carlos defends.

"Oh!" Cruella says as she backs up.

"This dog loves me, and I love him. And FYI, your dog is stuffed!" Carlos explains. "So give it a rest!"

"Oh-ho! Burn!" Jafar tells Cruella.

"Oh! Why don't you go sell a toaster, you two-bit salesman!" Cruella says.

"People who talk to stuffed animals shouldn't throw stones," Jafar says.

"Oh, well, people who sell toasters shouldn't use mixed metaphors," Cruella argues.

"Enough!" Mom says right before Jay turns it off.

"I'm so sorry," Fairy Godmother apologizes.

"Thanks for the special treat," Jay tells her.

"Of course," She says before we turn to get our things.

"M? V? What do you think our parents are gonna do to us. If we don't pull this off?" Evie asks causing Mal and me to stop and the boys to catch up.

"I think they will be quietly disappointed in us, but ultimately proud of us for doing our best," I answer very unsure.

"Really?" Carlos asks.

"No, I think we are definitely goners," Mal says and I nod in agreement. We go back to the boys' room and look at our plans.

"Okay, we all know what this looks like," I say as I put down the drawing of the wand that Mal drew.

"So it'll be up on the dais under the beast's spell jar, and we'll be coming in from here. I will be in the very front. You all will be up in the balcony. Okay," Mal explains.

"Carlos?" I say so he can tell his part.

"Okay, so I'll find our limo, so we can break the barrier, and, uh, get back on the island with the wand," Carlos explains.

"Perfect. Evie?" Mal says as she turns to Evie.

"Yeah?" Evie asks.

"You will use this to take out the driver. Two sprays and he'll be out like a light," Mal explains as she hands Evie the potion.

"Okay," Evie says. Carlos walks over to his bed and sits while petting Dude. I go lay on the end of Jay's bed while he sits at the head of the bed holding his tourney stick. "M? You want to break Ben's love spell?"

"Yeah. You know, for after. I don't... I've just been thinking, you know, when the villains finally do invade Auradon and begin to loot and kick everyone out of their castles and imprison their leaders and destroy all that is good and beautiful, Ben still being in love with me just seems a little extra cruel," Mal explains as she looks up from the spell book. Mal then stands up before grabbing the spell book and heading for the door.

"M?" I call after her but she doesn't stop.

(3rd Person POV)

Mal heads to the kitchen to make the love breaking spell. Evie and Val leave the boys to go to their room. Evie, Val, Jay, and Carlos all lay down to go to sleep. Jay can't seem to fall asleep so he gets up to go talk to Val but stops when he notices his MVP trophy. Carlos rolls over and starts petting Dude. Evie takes out the test where she made the B+ on without her mirror. Mal is in the kitchen making the spell. Val gets up and looks at her tourney stick before walking over to the window seat. Val opens the window and starts singing.

"A million thoughts in my head

Should I let my heart keep listening?" Val sings. Jay was about to knock on her door when he heard Val singing.

"I know It's time to say good-bye

So hard to let go

If only," Val sings before getting back into bed. Jay then goes back to his room, deciding not to talk to Val.