Can You Wake Her?

CHAPTER 42

CHAPTER 42

Hades is escorted into the room before Mal and Val walk over to him.

"Thank you for coming," Mal tells him.

"Didn't have much choice," Hades responds.

"Can you wake her?" Ben asks him.

"Since when do heroes care about villains?" Hades asks.

"She's..." Ben starts.

"One of your own," Hades says already knowing where he was heading. "Right. When you guys try to destroy the world it's an error in judgment. But when it's one of us lock them up and throw away the key. Right, Beast?" Beast glares at Hades before Hades holds out his hands. "Yeah. I'm gonna need to use my hands." Mal looks at Ben, who then nods for the guards to uncuff him. Hades holds out his hand for the ember before Val gives it to him. Once in his hand, his hair turns to blue flames. "Haven't lost my touch." Hades then turns to Beast and growls causing Beast to growl back.

"Dad!" Val says causing Hades to stop. Hades stands at the end of Audrey's bed before the room turns blue. Hades waves the ember around before Audrey sits up in the bed and the room goes back to normal.

"Audrey. You're okay," Queen Leah says as Audrey looks around. Hades flips the ember in his hand before his hair goes back to normal.

"Tell me it was all a bad dream," Audrey says as she looks at Mal and Ben.

"I wish I could. But, it's over now," Ben tells her.

"I'm sorry," Audrey says as she moves closer to Mal and Ben. "I wanted to hurt you both. I wanted to hurt all of you."

"I have owed you an apology for a very long time now," Mal says as she takes Audrey's hand in hers.

"And so have I," Ben says as he stands beside Mal.

"And perhaps, I have owed you one, too," Queen Leah tells Mal before bowing to her causing Mal to smile and bow back.

"Oh, yeah," Hades says as Beast motions the guards towards him. They cuff Hades hands behind his back before leading him out of the room. Mal and Val then quickly follow them out.

"Dad!" Mal calls causing Hades to turn back to her and Val. "Now we're gonna have to miss you all over again."

"Thanks for a glimpse of the sun," Hades tells her with a smile. Mal and Val walk over and give him a kiss on the cheeks. Hades hands Mal the ember as he turns to be led away. Mal holds the ember close to her as she and Val share a look knowing that a big decision was going to have to be made.