Yes

Yes

Chapter 7

Cristina's POV

        I'm currently sitting in an empty waiting room waiting for Meredith to come. I paged her a few minutes ago because I want to talk to her about Lexie. I pick up a magazine and flip through it to kill some time. After what feels like 30 minutes, but is only about 10 minutes, Meredith shows up. I pat the chair next to me for her to sit in. She looks at me with a worried expression on her face. "Cristina you don't normally page me unless it's something important and from the sound of  it, I would assume that is." I nod and sigh. "Meredith, it's about Lexie." Meredith looks like she wants to bolt, but I hold her down. "I saw Lexie in the hallway throwing up and she looks like she hasn't had anything to eat in days. I questioned her about it a little bit and she started to panic. Mer, if I didn't know any better, I would say that Lexie might be anorexic and she has been hiding it from all of us." Meredith looks completely shocked. She opens her mouth to try to speak, but nothing comes out. Instead she pats my shoulder, an indication that she is done with this conversation for now. 

Meredith's POV

        I'm trying to process what Cristina just said to me.  Lexie is self conscious sometimes, I know that, but I don't think that she's anorexic. Yet again, she honestly could be and I just might have not realized it. Lexie barely tells me anything anymore. Ever since our dad died a year ago, she's basically closed herself off from everyone, except Mark. Me being the worry wat that I am, I pull out my phone and dial Lexie's number. The phone rings 5 times, but Lexie picks up on the 5th ring. "Mer. What's up?"  "Lexie, I'm worried about you. I heard that you were puking in the hallway not too long ago. Are you okay?" There's a long silence on the phone. "Mer, I'm fine. There's no need for you to worry." I sigh. "Lex I know you and I can tell that something is up." "Mer, I'm fine okay. Anyways, I gotta go. I'll talk to you later." I can tell that Lexie is about to hang up on me. "Lex before you go, I need to ask you a serious question and I want you to answer honestly." "What serious question would that be Mer?" I try to keep my voice stable. "Lex are you anorexic?" There is another long pause. With a shaky voice, Lex responds "You want me to be honest with you so I will. I am anorexic. I have been since high school. I hate my body, I hate my life, and I hate myself." Tears fall down my face and I start to sniffle a bit. "Mer, please don't tell anyone else and make sure that Cristina dosen't either."

       "I promise I won't tell anyone Lex." "Thank you Mer. I really do have to go now because Mark's surgery looks like it's wrapping up. We'll talk later." "Okay Lex. I love you." "I love you too Mer. Bye." Lexie hangs up and I'm left to ponder my thoughts once again.

Hope you guys liked this chapter. :) -Mary