5

I've spent the whole day hiding from those racist Hardtakers, Eliott. And while I was hiding, I've been thinking a lot about how the both of us could be together again. At the end of the day, I was so exhausted that I fell asleep right away. And I had a weird dream, my love.

I had left the Burgue and travelled all the way to Witchveldt. I was far out in the stifling heat of the desert with a tall guy in a dark-blue suit standing in front of me.

'—What brings a Fae on the Grantor's lands?' he asked.

At first sight, he was a nice-looking man — though not as handsome as you. But with a closer look, I noticed a long flake tail gently waving between his legs.  At the end of his pants stood lizard legs with large brown claws.

—'I wish to be human!' my heart answered.

—'Why would you want that? Men are good prey for you.' He turned around me and inspected my grasshopper legs, my green triangular head and my twigs-like arms. He smelled like rot.

—'I want to spend the rest of my life with the man I love without having those cravings to feed on him every single day. I want him safe and I want to bear his child. '

—' I understand ...as I love on my side the most delightful pixie of the Burgue.'

I felt his fingernail draw an ellipse around my wings. At the end of his sleeves, large hooked fingers ended his scaly hand. Then the wind screamed and the sand began to swirl violently. He morphed into a four yellow legs beast with a crest of small spikes on the back of his skull. One of its stereoscopic eyes stared at a dune from which emerged a cute Kobold while the other was still gazing at me. I heard a slushy sound as I noticed its tongue had suddenly projected around the little Kobold. It swallowed the poor creature in a single bite. Then it morphed back into its human form. I was shaking internally.

—To grant your wish, I need a human who once was a Fae. This is the only way

.

—As it happens, I already know one.

—How much are you ready to sacrifice as I must be paid also?

—I will give you what you desire for you grant me to be human, alive and with the man I love

.

—Then, bring me alive the fairy I love.

My antennae were lowering at the same time as my head to confirm the deal.

—But before I let you go, there is a last thing that is required: I shall remove your wings.

And I woke up the moment he cut off my winged membranes.