I stared him down. Ignored the girl next to him, just lost every ounce of happy in me and stared at this tattooed freak who thought breaking up with my sister was okay.

"Um, hi, S-su," he said.

"Hm. Who's this, Pemma?" I made sure to say her name like an insult. This girl looked to be my age, or younger. And scared, very scared. As she should be, I thought.

"Yes. Pemma, this is Suyin Beifong."

"N-nice to meet you." Little coward was hiding behind him.

I could feel Izumi and Kya stop behind me. And based on the looks Tenzin gave them, one on either side, they probably weren't smiling.

"Okay!" Zari said from somewhere to my left. "Come along, Su."

I didn't move. Just stared at them, debating ways to get the two of them into the water. Would Kya be willing to drown her own brother?

"Suuuu," Zari said nervously. "Come along, pretty lady, don't wanna scare the socks off our guest!"

Pretty lady?
Cue internal freak-out.

"Whatever," I said, following Zari outside.

He kept glancing at me as we made our way through the gardens. I smiled. "You weren't kidding. Beifong girls are scary."

"I didn't even get to bend at him," I said. "You saw an inch of what is three thousand miles."

"That's a very small amount," Zari said.

"Hey, don't worry. I won't freak out on you. Unless you do something stupid."

"Like what?"

"Um, die. Dying is something you aren't allowed to do. I'll get to one of the Poles and Earthbend your sorry but black and blue."

"Don't die. Got it." Zari smiled.

"Good." I reached out and held his hand. We came to the end of a path, which was now a precipice. I sat down on the end and looked into the water thirty feet below.

"I love you," Zari said.

"I love you more."

"Doubtful."

"How so?"

"Hmm. I love you more than ships."

"I love you more than bacon."

"Bacon, huh?"

"I am Sokka's daughter. Meat is very high up in the ranks," I informed him. He chuckled.

"Glad I beat bacon."

"You beat everything else, too."

"You sure about that?" Zari asked. That nervous tone was back.

"Absolutely positive," I reassured him.

He stood and pulled me to my feet, then took my face in his hands and kissed me. I hardly had time to kiss back before her stepped backwards and started talking.

"You're the one thing I love in this world more than anything else. Every step I take away from you is a step wasted, every breath I breathe without you next to me is worthless, every time I open my eyes and don't see your face is spent in longing. You make me smile every time I hear your name, you make me cry when you call me just to talk. I'd follow you to the end of the world and jump off, I'd sink every ship I ever loved, I'd do anything you wanted if you just asked. You make me want to spend every second of every hour of every day with you until the end of the world. And that's exactly what I plan to do, if you'd let me." He gets down on one knee and holds out a box with a shining blue ring in it. "Suyin Beifong, will you marry me and become my pirate empress?"

"T - yeah," I said, so quietly I didn't know if he even heard.

Way to play it cool, Su! Get your act together!
HE JUST PROPOSED TO ME HOW IN HELL AM I EXPECTED TO ACT NORMAL?!?
Just say yes and kiss him already!

"Yeah?" He asked, beautiful blue eyes meeting mine.

"Yeah," I said, louder, voice shaking.

How charming.

"Shut up," I said out loud.

I realized he had been about to say something, and now looked hurt. Oh, hell no!

I fell to my knees and grabbed his face and kissed him to make up for it.

"Of course, you idiot."

===

Starting from now on, I'll upload 2 or 3 chapters every Sunday, depending on how long they are. I actually almost didn't put this one up, but my friend is lucky I love her. Isn't that right, Dora? I just did it because I know you don't like cliffhangers.

HINT HINT

Can a girl get some feedback?

Anyways, Nat out. Have a nice week, guys!