"We should probably start planning this thing," he said from next to me. I jumped.

"I didn't know you were awake."

"I was up before you."

"Why aren't you out of bed, then?" I asked, sitting up and resting the back of my hand on his forehead. "Are you sick?"

"No." Zari sat up too, and kissed me. "I just didn't feel like moving. Besides, you were having a bad dream, I could tell."

"Yeah, I was."

"I wanted to stay and make sure you were alright."

"Thanks, Zari."

"No problem."

"Anyways, yeah. About the wedding."

"I CALL IZUMI!" he yelled out of nowhere.

"HA!" I smirked. "I already told her she's my bridesmaid!"

"What? No fair!"

"Fair."

"She's my cousin," he whined.

"You didn't practically grow up in the same house as her. She was there when I was actually born and got to hold me right after my sister. She didn't know you existed until you were ten!" I said.

"You're mean." He pouted.

"Boo-hoo, you can have her brother," I said.

"Wait, so are Lin and Tenzin going to be up there?" Zari raised an eyebrow, skeptical

"Lin's gonna be my maid of honor, because that's what I pictured when I was younger -"

"Who did you picture yourself marrying when you were younger?"

"Oh, random boys I liked here and there," I said, waving it off. He frowned.

"In case you've forgotten," I said, lifting my right hand, "We're engaged. And I've been travelling around with you for months. You have no competition."

"Guy's allowed to be skeptical of other guys, right? I mean, I'm marrying Suyin Beifong."

"And? You're a pirate prince, Zari."

"Yeah, but you're so incredible. You're a great fighter, a genius, beautiful, kind -"

"You're all that, and more."

"You didn't let me finish. You're also selfless, and -

"Shut up," I said, and kissed him. If he said one more word, I'd be bright red. "Anyways, Lin said that she and Tez would be fine up there, but I doubt it."

"Maybe we could just have him as a guest."

"That's what I thought."

"Shi thinks we could get married on a ship," he suggested after a pause.

"I know for a fact that Kya's going to hide all of my flats and only leave heels in my closet. Those are dangerous enough on land, I will not wear them on a ship."

Zari chuckled. "Okay, then where do you want it?"

"Isn't there some royal pavilion for fire nation weddings?"

"I think so," he said, "but I'm not exactly the most traditional prince ever."

I giggled. "Really, Zari, you'd think I know.. I can't imagine you hadn't gotten royal tourtours to watch over you and teach you.."

"I had my mother, she was one hell of a teacher."

"Must've been," I said, then kissed his cheek and swung my legs over the bed. "Come on, I'm hungry."

He laughed.  "How ladylike."

"I'm sorry, you expect an ex-gangster to be ladylike? Not to mention the woman who raised me."

"Okay, fair enough."