Chapter 6

"This is a nail-biter, folks. There's 47 seconds left on the clock. We're all tied up.  The Sherwood Falcons, two. The Fighting Knights, two. What a game between Auradon's fiercest rivals."

I cheer and clap as I watch the game, wanting to beat the Falcons.

"The teams get into their huddles and take up positions along the kill zone. The dragoneers have been laying down - a withering hail of fire.  And now a substitution..."

I look over at Coach and he's telling Jay that he's in, but Jay hold on to Carlos. Hmm I wonder if Coach, will let Carlos play. He deserves it.

I watch as Coach stares at them, making a decision, he then turns to the field and calls in another player.

Coach tosses a stick to Carlos and says he's in.

I cheer and clap for Carlos and Jay as they make it onto the field.

"He's bringing that hothead Jay in from the Isle of the Lost and that little guy Carlos can barely hold a shield."

You know that Announcer is getting on my nerves.

The team yells break and gets into their formation.

"When they break from their huddles, this is gonna be a big moment here. And the tipoff is ready. Here we go. Long pass goes to Jay. Jay dishes off to prince Ben. Nice little block by Carlos. He does a little dancing jig in his opponent's face."

I giggle and clap for Carlos, he's doing good out there.

"And now Jay gets the ball back. Here comes Jay! Jay, hurdling maneuver at mid-field."

"Jay makes a nice pass to Prince Ben through the kill zone. Big block by Chad! Prince Ben moves over wide, gives it back to Jay. He's in the clear! Shot!"

I watch in anticipation of the shot making it.

"Oh, what a save by Philip the falcons' goalkeeper!"

"Come on! " I yell , mad at the goalkeeper.

"23 seconds left. You could cut the tension with a sword. The long ball is played into Jay."

Ok, let's go Jay. You got this. He's good. He can do this, I tell myself.

"Jay, great jump, great leap. And a great move by Jay. Big block from Chad. Jay dishes off to prince Ben. And then Carlos with a big block, goes down. Jay through the kill zone, picks up Carlos. Oh, he's being hammered by dragon fire. Still, going on. Jay, hurdling maneuver at mid-field. He's in the clear. The ball goes back to Jay."

Carlos shouts at Jay and Jay passes it to Carlos. Carlos uses his shield and the ball goes up. Jay passes the ball to Ben.

"He passes to prince Ben. He scores! Prince Ben has won it!"

I clap and cheer because we won the game.

"What an unselfish play by Jay! What a team! Incredible! And It's the new guys, Jay and Carlos, who set up the prince for the win here. What a victory! An absolutely wonderful end to one of the best games ever."

I can see them making their way over here and I glance at Ben. He looks so happy, making the winning shot.

Usually he would come over to me and celebrate.

"Here they come, folks. The winners of the first tourn"

Ben rips the microphone from the announcer. The announcer is appalled and I cant help but laugh at his actions.

"Excuse me. Excuse me. Can I have your attention, please?" Ben yells.

He makes his way over to the blaster and stands up on it.