Chapter 12

3rd POV

"At last, here we are, broadcasting live from the coronation, where Prince Benjamin will soon be crowned King! I'm Snow White, bringing you up to the second coverage of who's the fairest of them all."

I can't believe I'm late.

"Oh, Fairy Godmother is looking radiant. But what is happening with Jane's hair? And there is fairy godmother's wand."

I don't want to do this.

"Oh, and here comes Ben now. "

I wish Ella was here with me.

Each of these were the thoughts of Ella, Mal, and Ben as they mentally prepared themselves for the day ahead.

As the crowd was cheering, Prince Ben smiled and waved back at the crowd. He turns his head back toward Mal and notices she seems a bit off.

"Don't be nervous, Mal." Ben smiles at Mal to try and calm her nerves.

"Thanks Ben, I uh... I actually have something for you. It's for later though, after you've been crowned. It's just something to help with your strength later."

Mal gives him the box that she has been holding on to. Ben takes it and looks inside of it to find a cupcake.

This must be the anti-love potion, Ben thought to himself.

"Always thinking. But I can't wait." He takes a bite out of it and its pretty good.

"No!" Mal shouts and panics on the inside. What if I just messed every thing up?

"Uh... How do you feel Ben? Would you say that you're still in... that... that you have very strong feelings for me?" She questions not sure what to do now.

"I'm not sure. I mean, let's give the anti-love potion a few minutes to take effect."

But Ben knew how he really felt and who he was supposed to be with. If only he could talk to her right now.

"Yeah...Okay. Wait? What? You knew?"

"That you spelled me? Yeah. - Yeah, I knew."

"I'm... I can explain myself."

"No, look, It's fine. I mean, you had a crush on me. I was with Ella. You didn't trust that it could happen on its own. Am I right?"

"Yes. You're so right. So, then, how long have you known?"

"Since our first date. Your spell washed away in the enchanted lake, but Mal, I can't do this anymore..."

"You love Ella."

"Yeah, I love Ella."

"So why didn't you break it off with me if you knew?" Mal questions Ben, confused on the whole thing.

"If you haven't noticed lately, there's a lot of things going on with my coronation that I've been occupied with and haven't had a moment alone with you to question it."

Mal looks away for a moment deciding that if every thing was going to be destroyed after their parents came then she could at least do one right thing by Ben.

"It's okay Ben, I don't really like you anymore. I don't think I ever did to be honest with you. You belong with Ella, you guys deserve to be a family."

Ben looks at Mal thankful for her response. He can now hopefully get his girl back, if she doesn't hate him too much.

"Thank you."

+++++

As Mal and Ben walked up the stairs to the entrance, they saw the King and Queen waiting for them.

Ben releases Mal's hand and faces towards his parents, preparing himself for what's about to come.

" About the other day, I just... " Mal begins to apologize to the King and Queen.

"I told Ben this wasn't going to be easy." King Adam interrupts.

" You also taught me that a king has to believe in himself... even when it isn't easy."

"I did?" King Adam states confusingly.  "I... how very wise of me."

"Ben, we are very proud of you. - You keep listening to your heart."

"Thanks, mom."

" You're gonna make a fine king. Wish me luck. Don't blow it, kiddo."

Ben nods his head at his parents as they head inside. Another guard comes and gets Mal to take her to her spot during the ceremony.

Ben looks down and takes a deep breath. He didn't know if Ella was here or not and he was nervous. He needed her here with him but he messed things up.

"Ben!" Someone shouts from behind causing him to turn around.

"I'm sorry I'm late, I couldn't get this dress on, then I started to cry because it wasn't zipping up. Then my makeup messed up so I had to redo that. Its just been a morning and I am so sorry I am late Benjamin." Ella rambled frantically not noticing the smile on Ben's face.

"Ella its okay, I'm glad you're here." Ben says causing Ella to stop and look up at him.  "You look beautiful by the way."

Ella looks away with a blush on her face, slowly shaking her head.

"Uh, thank you Prince Ben, but shouldn't you be saying that to Mal?"
Ella could see his smile drop and instantly felt guilty for saying anything. "Nevermind me, I wish you luck Prince Ben."

Ella turns to leave to go find her spot on stage.

"Ella wait" Ben reaches out to grab her hand.

"It's always been you, Sweetness.-"

"Prince Ben, we're ready for you"

"I love you..."

Ben turns around and leaves Ella alone standing there shocked by his actions. She looks down and saw that Ben placed his ring in her hands.

At this point, Ella doesn't know how to feel. She takes a deep breath, turns around and puts on her best smile. She places the ring on her finger, since there was no other place to put it.

Let's just get this over with and then I can go eat ice cream tonight, Ella thought as she began to walk to find Fairy Godmother.