1.1

"Hello everybody!" abby greeted as she came into the room, earning a chorus of hi's in return, "how are you doing?" she asks. "good, good, good, good"

all the moms and children lined up in a row abby in front of them. "all right welcome to Pittsburgh" everyone cheered, I turned to look at lilly beaming down at the slightly shorter girl "this is exciting you all worked really hard to get here and now you're here you did it give yourselves a round of applause-" we all started clapping I turned to sarah beside me and clapped to her, her slightly bowing in return, we both lightly chuckled at that.

"all right you kids have been given the chance of a lifetime now i have been given a second chance, another chance at life, another chance to put my name on map.

"so i'm grateful for the second chance i've been given and i think all of you should remain grateful for this opportunity. don't think for one minute that you have a permanent spot on this team." lilly and i turned to each other, looking down at our jackets.

"i've given you this opportunity and as quickly as you heard the news you could you could be headed home. boom it could all be gone don't blow it, understand?" we had all nodded at her.

"without further ado, do you know what this is behind me?" we all nod at her.

"yeah, it's the pyramid" i stated along with everyone else. "the pyramid, so we're gonna do this a little differently today since it's our first day back, now this is my way to chart your child, but guess what? there's nothing to chart because they didn't do anything yet so that means no pyramid today." miss abby said as she went on with her explaining.

"i want everybody here starting out on the same playing field, we're all on an even keel, it's up to each and every child to rise above the rest understood?" we all yet again nod signalling that we are understanding what she is saying to us.

"speaking of which lilly, embry, you're the only ones wearing your aldc jacket right?-" lilly and i nod back at her "-you're the only ones that has one, this is a new competition season everybody's gonna start out fresh, on the same foot yes?" she made a come hither motion with her finger towards me and lilly "so give me the jacket."

lilly and i smiled making our way to abby taking off our jackets and handing them to her. abby giving a thank you in return. both lilly and i made our way back to our mother, sarah wrapping her arm around me giving my shoulders a squeeze.

"this weekend we are headed to red bank new jersey, we will attend starbound talent competition. the group routine everybody is in the group routine, the title is broken heart, the group is going to be a test for you dancing together in unison as one is what it takes to win in the group division. i need fruit dancers not a soloist so you got to get that out of your head right now. this week we also have two trios, a duet and a solo.

"the first trio is entitled the favorite and it's sarah, lilly and pressley, the second trio is entitled dance with the devil, gianina will be my devil and two little angels will be savannah and hannah. the duet is entitled gravity this duet goes to embry and brady and the solo goes to embry! your solo is entitled never enough." i turn to brady to see him already smiling at me, i shot him a smile in return, i am excited to dance with him.

"now the heart routine i want blood, i really mean i want blood, moms you need to figure out how blood is going to be in this costume and how the blood is going to burst and be all over the costume." i turn back to smile at my mom her smiling and patting my head in return. "all right, right now today we are looking towards nationals, i want a winning season, there's a hundred, maybe a thousand, maybe ten thousand other kids just like you. the same height, the same look everyone's replaceable remember that. moms get out of here let's go, kids spread apart start warming up."