1.2

We arrived at the studio the next day greeting people good mornings as we made our way to the dancer's den. i put my bag down and walk over to hannah. "hey banana, how  you doing?" she smiles at me "i'm doing good, what about you?"

"yeah i'm good"

"can we have hannah, gianina and savannah in studio a, everyone else warming up in studio b please." i turn to hannah and smile "good luck!" i quickly rush to catch up with the others stopping just as i reached brady.

"bradyyyy!" i called, linking arms with him and spinning him around with me in a circle.

"emyyyyy"

we both laugh and stop spinning, i look in front of me to see pressley and sarah waving at us and lilly wiggling her eyebrows at us. "so are you excited for your solo?" he asks me.

"yeah, but even more excited for our first duet" i say nudging him.

he looks down at his feet before looking at me and smiling "yeah me too!" i chuckle at him "let's warm up," i tell him.

brady and i stretching next to each other him constantly trying to push me over and vice versa, laughing at each other as one of us stumbled slightly. "brady stop!" i laugh as he pushes me softly again, "no you stop!" he laughs as i push him back.

"abby wants everyone in studio a to rehearse the group number." gianna tells us all of us stop warming up and walk into the studio getting in our starting positions, running through the dance two times before abby comes in.

"lilly, pressley and sarah time to rehearse the trio, everyone else in studio b please" miss abby tells us we all nod and walk out of the room.

•••

we are in studio a dancing when i see lilly walk in crying. she runs over to me and jumps in my arms. "what's wrong lils?" i ask.

"abby told me to get out of the studio" she says crying. brady comes over to comfort lilly with me the over girls coming over as well, gianina giving her a hug. we stay there comforting her until she says she's okay then we start doing the group again.

•••

"brady, embry it's time for your duet!" abby tells us, "okay so your duet is called gravity, it's a dance based sort of on as you could say teenage romance, so you two need to show love and chemistry okay?" brady and i look at each other, me scrunching up my nose, then look back at abby.

"okay" we chime in.

"good now show me what you got!" she tells us.

after appyling corrections and running through the dance twice she calls brady and me over. "okay so i'm only seeing awkwardness no chemistry so i need you two to become more comfortable around each other, learn more about each other maybe because all i'm seeing is two awkward kids in a dance" we both nod our heads at her, "good now go get a drink and then embry come back to rehearse your solo."

once we are outside the room i turn to brady with my hand in the air "you did great in there! hi five!" i say slapping my palm against his.

"thanks so did you" he said nudging my shoulder slightly.

•••

"embry, your solo is entitled never enough, it's about how you try and try but it just never seems enough for anyone including yourself, so i'm going to need to see the pain and struggle okay? okay great now go."

i start to run through my dance with miss abby her occasionally yelling corrections at me.

"point those toes!"