0.0

Embry Ketchman laid on the floor of her lounge room slowly falling asleep to the movie that was playing on the screen of the tv, all becoming white noise to her. the young girl jumped at the sound of someone running towards her, turning around she saw a little blonde girl standing before her.

"lilly why are you running?" she said hazily.

said girl just smiled and shoved the phone in her sisters face squealing loudly. "we made it! we made it!"

embry stared at the girl, shock evident on her face. "we're back on the team?" just as lilly nodded at her embry started jumping up and down. "we made it! we made it!" they cheered together.

"girls why are you being so loud?" their mother stacey questioned as she walked in the room.

"we made it back on the team mom!" the girls exclaimed in unison.

their mother cheered "yay! i'm proud of you girls" she said bringing the children into her embrace, "i knew you could do it, you better start packing your bags hey?"

the two girls escaped their mothers embrace and rushed to their shared room, pulling out their suitcase and starting to pack, their mother following after them.

"lilly, embry how's your - how's your packing going?" the two blondes lifted their heads to see their mother recording them, embry giving a big smile and thumbs up to the camera.

"it's going great!" the youngest one cheered.

lilly and embry, 11 and 13
•••
the ketchman trio had arrived at the aldc, embry looking at the studio in awe. "this is where it all started girls." stacey told them opening her car door. lilly looked over at embry flashing her a nervous smile. "it's now or never sis!" she cheered.

the young girls opened their doors and grabbed their dance bags, linking arms and skipping into the studio. they stood outside of the dancers den, embry taking a deep breath before opening the door. she could hear the loud chatter of people slowly dim down to see who had entered.

"embry!" a loud squeal was heard before the said girl fell to the ground, arms wrapped around her in a hug.

"oh my gosh!" she squealed, "pressley! i've missed you!"

the two girls laughed at each other, pressley slowly getting up pulling embry with her. "i'm so glad you're back on the aldc team! it would've been boring without you" pressley teased.

lilly walked over to the girls "hey pressley! i'm lilly! so how'd you know my sister?" she questioned. "oh we met at the auditions" said girl answered.

all three girls laughed and made their way to the other dancers smiling at them as they did so. embry and lilly started to introduce themselves to everyone. "hi i'm lilly and this is my sister -" she looked to her right and smiled at her "embry" she chimed in waving at everyone, "we are so happy to meet you!" lilly finished.

"hey i'm gianina!"

"i'm hannah and this is savannah"

"i'm sarah, hi!"

embry smiled at all the girls noticing a boy who hasn't introduced himself sort of just staring at them. sarah seemed to notice this as well as a sly smile made its way on her lips "that's brady" said boy jumped at his name being said and softly shook his head "yeah i'm uh i'm brady" he said looking down at the ground.

the older ketchman sister giggled quietly at the boy making him look up at her slightly and blush before quickly looking back down.

"nice to meet you all!" embry chimed. she opened her mouth about to say something else when gianna walked in.

"hi! abby's about to be here so can i have um actually everybody in studio a" she said earning nods as the dancers excitedly looked at their mothers before grabbing their head shots and walking in.

as embry stood in the corner of studio a she felt a tap on her shoulder, turning around she saw a smiling brady standing before her, "oh hey brady!" she laughed - partially because she jumped from being scared - "hey embry, um i just wanted to say i'm happy to be dancing with you!" he smiled.

"thanks brades, i'm happy to be dancing with you to" the two dancers laughed with each other and talked a little bit more before he was called by his mother to have a chat. embry slowly made her way to her mother and sister. "i'm so excited to be back" she whispered to them.

her mother softly put her hand on both of her kids shoulders "listen i just want you to know i'm proud of you both okay? but you're both going to have to work hard to keep your spot on the team okay? now come give me a hug" she told the girls both of them smiling at stacey, moving closer for a hug.

•••
hey everyone so the prologue is done! i hope you enjoyed it! um yeah so i'm just letting you know that some of my wording and lingo may not always be correct as i'm Australian! and some stuff may be different from the tv show as well as the povs may switch from 3rd to 1st depending on the day i write it haha! anyway i hope you like this book! leave suggestions, comments and don't forget to vote if you want more. until next time