The Jade And The Lotus: The Beginning

Hi beautiful people, I decided to expand my views and I fell down the rabbit hole back to Chinese BL drama.

Warning: Major characters death, mature content and bittersweet ending.

Disclaimer: Mo Dao Zu Shi doesn't belong to me but to Mo Xiang Tong Xu. The plot is mine though.

Here it is the one-shot about The Untamed. It will be set in an alternative reality and there will be a lot of OC and dark themes (because I am a sucker for it). There might be some close occurrence with the legend (or not) of the real Jade Emperor.

It will an ABO (omegaverse) and it will be a sort of prequel for another fanfiction I plan to post in the coming month.

Thank you @sas75487 for proofreading.

Enjoy!

Part 1.

General Pov.

"I would like for you to meet the older brother of your betrothed, Crown Prince Lan Wangji." Said a man wearing golden clothes as he sipped his tea.

In front of him knelt a young man who could have passed for his twin brother, since their resemblances were striking.

Their differences, however, were also hard to miss. While the slightly older man who wore a gold robe with the emblems of a soaring white dragon smiled kindly, the kneeling man who was dressed in a white and blue outer robe kept his face expressionless.

"I would do as His Majesty commands." He said folding his arms in front of him, kowtowing then he stood up and promptly left the throne room.

The emperor sighed tiredly, and he shook his head at the same time as he watched his son disappear out of his sight.

"What is troubling His Majesty?" His closest counsellors wondered worriedly when the usual smiling face of his sovereign was marred by a frown.

"I would have thought the news would have made a change in Wangji's overall behaviour...I would have even accepted if he refused to meet the head of the Jiang family...this son of mine...if only..."

"I am sure our beloved Empress and Mother of the Crown Prince would have approved of your decision." The head counsellor couldn't help but feel sad in his heart, when he remembered the fateful day that took the precious life of their empress and half-brother away.

However, the price to pay had been worth it because of the birth of their beloved crown prince, Lan Wangji, heir of the Gusu Lan empire.

Their prince became the pride of the empire and well-loved by the people, who had decided to nickname him the Jade Prince. Lan Wangji was perfect in every aspect as the future ruler of the nation.

The only thing that bothered his royal father was the obvious lack of warmth coming from his own flesh and blood.

"Leaving his education in the sole hands of my royal uncle, Lan Qiren, is a mistake I might regret someday."

"Your Majesty..." The head counsellor started, feeling frightened by his ruler's words, but the emperor raised his hand to prevent him from speaking further.

"As Emperor, I should recognize when I've done something wrong Jin Zixuan...if only my dear Meng Yao was still alive. He would have given our son the maternal love he deserves." The emperor shook his head sadly, remembering how delighted his omega mate had been to learn they were expecting their first child. He smiled at the thought. "How did your wife's little brother take the news about marrying into the Imperial family?"