The Jade And The Lotus: Jade Dynasty.

Hi, beautiful people,

Are you guys okay? If not, know that I am also heartbroken...and it will get worse.

Alright, dark Lan Zhan is showing himself slowly but surely. A-Qing is renamed Jing in my fic because too similar to Wen Qing, different name, same smart girl.

Warning: Death and mature content.

Enjoy!

Part 5.

General Pov.

Jiang Cheng felt the snapping of the bond at the same time he stepped into his battle-ravaged ancestral home. He staggered trying to steady himself on the gate, but he lost his footing only to be hauled up by Nie Mingjue who caught him as he was falling. He was losing consciousness in his arms, and became alarmingly paler by the minute.

"Wanyin! What..." Nie Mingjue stared at the sky worried by the unusual colour which was slowly bathing the world around him in a reddish light.

Lan Zhan was riding along with Song Zichen at a neck-breaking pace, behind them several soldiers from the Gusu Lan empire were following at the same pace.

He glanced at the other man riding alongside them, wearing the colours of the Hokkan kingdom.

Wen Mao, the disavowed son of Wen Ruohan.

They reached the outskirts of Yunmeng, coming to a forceful halt when soldiers from the Wen army ran past them in disorder chased by soldiers from Konan. Some were wearing the Jiangs' colour.

The sky and the moon were painted in crimson.

"That's not good!" Wen Mao whispered, his eyes staring at the crimson luminary in horror.

Next to him, Lan Zhan and Song Zichen glanced at him before they urged their horses to ride to Lotus Pier.

'What have you done, Father?'

* * * *

Blood.

His eyes couldn't leave the large puddle of blood. His hands were sticky with the warm blood.

And yet, he couldn't feel it. Instead, he felt like his whole being was made of ice.

Wei Wuxian stood up his fingers gracing Wen Qing's pale and cold cheeks one last time.

Then he raised his head in a jerky movement startling Kamon who stepped back when he saw his eyes.

Blood red instead of the usual grey eyes.

'Like Wen Ruohan.' Kamon noted with dread.

Scared for some unknown reason, his dagger slipped from his fingers embedding itself in the wooden flooring.

The omega's usually open and smiling face was a mask of pure fury.

...but the fury he could see wasn't directed at him, he realised with relief. Turning, Kamon blinked when he saw Wen Ruohan and Wen Zhuliu were still standing there.

It was as if both men were rooted to the spot by some invisible force.

Puzzled, the young alpha realised it was the omega's doing when he noticed Wen Zhuliu's hand frozen around the hilt of his sword. The alpha was shaking under the pressure put on his arm, trying to fight it futilely.