X Finds His Value (pt.1)

This is a two part adaption of the original "X Finds Out His Value". There will be a few changes to fit some lore and other concepts in the story. Hope you guys enjoy^^
________________________________________________________________________________

It was a warm afternoon in Numberdale. A calm breeze ran though the city, and a couple of green leaves danced their way across the sidewalk. The road was quiet, with a couple of cars here and there, each with pastel and vibrant colors. The town was beautiful, just a little bit noisy thanks to the new construction taking place at the time. 

Numberdale was going though some new construction on account of the mayor, Ten. She wanted to make Numberdale more "presentable" compared to the other cities in the location, specifically Variatropolis and Symbolville. 

The numbers have been experiencing acts of discrimination in the sense that they were not being granted the permission live in the other two cities. The numbers made their voices heard from these injustices, and she decided to take action. The whole mess with the zeros and the rediscovering of the Imaginaries and the illness they carried had brought a lot of hate to the numbers. Even though the leaders of both Variatropolis and Symbolville were being nonnegotiable with the situation of hospitality and housing, Ten did not decide against letting variables and symbols live in Numberdale. She believed that if they intergraded in Numberdale, they could intergrate into the other cities and get reunited. But that was a far-fetched wish, because most of the numbers present at the time did not approve of it. The numbers had to think small at the time to get their respect back, and small meant fixing up their own city to be better looking.

The construction of new houses had brought about a couple of visitors who were not phased by the numbers hostility towards them though.

----------

"Mommy, why are we here?"

"Your father and I are looking for houses, X."

"But. . . But why here? Why not in Variatropolis, where all my friends are?"

"It's expensive to get a house at the moment there,  dear. You need to understand that Mommy and Daddy are doing this for you. We want you to expand your horizon of knowlage."

X looked away from his mom with a slighty pouty look. He was holding his mom's arm, hugging it close to him as the two letters walked down the streets of Numberdale. A couple of numbers noticed them walking and gave them looks of annoyance and disgust. X did not like these interactions, fearing that they were wanting him dead or gone. He clung on to him mom tighter.

The two continued their walk down the sidewalk. X noticed some slight irritation in his mom's actions. He looked around to see numbers asking their children to come inside their houses when they walked past, then back at his mom to see her looking really ticked off. They halted at the park, with X's mom letting out a small exhale, then deciding to address her son.

"Hey, Cross," the orange x said to her small yellow son, "why don't you go over to the park while I talk to Dad?"

"B-but. . . But numbers don't like variables. Why would th-they let me go to the park?"

"X, the adults are the ones giving you looks. They may not like us at first, but the kids that live here don't mind that you are a little x."

"R-really?" X looked up at his mom with intrest. He looked down again and kicked at the sidewalk. "O-okay mom. I will go."

"Now that's a good little letter," his mother said with a warm hearted tone, "Come over to the big brick building when you are done playing, okay?" She pointed to one of the newly constructed buildings, with the one with a big bulletin board about housing sticking out like a sore thumb. "Make sure it's the one with the big board on the front."