12

Tuesday 7:23 AM.
Omniscient

Sidney's dad walked into the house from his overnight shift. He threw his keys on the table before setting the breakfast he brought for him and Sidney down on the table.

"Sidney!" He called.

He didn't hear a response so he assumed that she was coming downstairs. After a while when there was no response nor was she downstairs he called again. Still no response he started to get frustrated.

He walked up the stairs before knocking on her door.

"Ni, Why you not answerin me?" He asked as he opened the door.

He furrowed his eyebrows when he saw she wasn't in her bedroom. He walked in before he checked the closet, still no sign of her he checked her bathroom.

"Sidney!" He shouted now irritated and confused on why his daughter was nowhere to be found.

He pulled his phone out of his pocket to check and see if she texted him saying she was at a friends house or something. When he saw no text he called her. He started hearing her phone ringing causing him to furrow his eyebrows.

He followed the sound of her phone before he saw that her phone and keys were here along with her wallet.

He began to become worried as he shouted her name. He ran over next door now worried that Sidney was in danger. Von and Alli's mom opened the door.

"Hey, have you seen Sidney?" He asked.

"No, why she isn't home?" She asked fixing her robe.

"No. She left her phone, keys, wallet. She didn't tell me she was going anywhere," seeing the worry on his face she called for Von.

"Yeah?" He asked coming to the door in basketball shorts.

"Have you seen Sidney?" She asked.

"Last time I saw her was yesterday," Von replied.

"She left her phone, keys, and her wallet," her dad repeated.

He found it strange since those are valuables you take with you just about everywhere. The fact that Sidney left those behind made him wonder if she left by choice or force.

"She's fine. She's probably just out at the park or somethin and forgot to bring that stuff with her," Von shrugged.

Von's words did nothing to reassure him. In fact it only made him more frustrated.