15

Von sat with his head down

Von sat with his head down. He had been crying nonstop ever since they found Sidney's body. Constantly feeling the pain of hearing the news over and over again.

"I'm sorry but the baby unfortunately wasn't able to make it either."

"What baby?" Sidney's dad asked.

"Miss Daniels was about 6 to 7 months pregnant sir," the man replied.

Von went home doing the math to see exactly what time their baby was conceived until he figured it out.

His heart broke over and over to the point where he didn't even know he could feel that much pain. What hurt him even more was knowing that the last time he saw Sidney was with tears rolling down her face. The last time he spoke to her he hurt her and that's something he is forced to live with.

He sat at her funeral playing over scenarios on how he could've done something to prevent her death. Maybe if he ran after her instead of letting her leave. He knew what he said was wrong and he knew the effect it would have on her but at the time he didn't care.

If someone would've told him that that was the last time he was gonna see her he'd forget about what Alli and Tre said to him. Forget about the world that surrounded them and focused on her.

Unfortunately though just as quick as someone can come into your life they can leave with the same quickness.

Von had became fixated on how Sidney died, wondering how it happened until he broke down everything as much as he could until he figured it out.

He looked to his left at his sister who put a tissue to her eyes as if she was crying. He never really liked Alli, always found her annoying and weird but that's just the way siblings are. Although siblings don't usually plot to kill your girlfriend.

After the funeral he returned to school. Everyone treated him as if he were a charity case which he hated but he wasn't here for that. He came for one specific reason and one reason only.

He slammed Tre's locker shut almost jamming his fingers.

"The fuck! I ain't even put my stuff in there yet-"

"I don't give a fuck. Meet me at my car after school," Von said before walking away.

Seeing Von in such a state scared everyone including Tre. Von hadn't been taking care of himself at all. He hadn't gotten a hair cut in what looked like ages, dark bags had formed under his eyes, he has stubble on his face from where he hasn't shaved.

After school Von walked to his car glad to see Tre did exactly what he told him to. Von got in the car before waiting for Tre to get in.

"You good? I know since Sidney ya know you been a little down," Tre said causing Von to grip the steering wheel.