Chapter 1

3rd Person POV
Last week marked a very sad day in Bluebell. Jack and Annie Hattenbarger were involved in a car crash driving home from a date. They were killed on impact. They had to leave this earth and their 14 year old daughter Rose with it.
When Rose got the news of the crash, she couldn't handle it. She sobbed the entire week, up until the day of the funeral, she was all cried out by then.
The Hattenbargers didn't have any living relatives that could take Rose in.

Fortunately, Rose's very good friend Zoe, who also happens to be a doctor, was willing to adopt her. The other great thing was, Zoe's husband Wade was also willing to adopt her.
That's exactly what they were doing.

It's been a week since the funeral and Rose was with her future adoptive parents at the court house, signing the papers.
Rose said "Are you sure you wanna go through with this? You don't have to adopt me"

Zoe looked at her new daughter and said "That right there is exactly why I want to go through with this!"
For the first time in a long time, Rose smiled a real smile.

The adoption was complete and Rose even took on her new parents' last name. Rose Hattenbarger is now Rose Ella Hattenbarger Kinsella.

Rose was already set up in her new room in Zoe and Wade's house. Well now it's her home too.