Billie Eilish - strobelights

(CW: Drug use!) Note: also having to bend the rules slightly here and imply Billie's actually 18 in this.

'Dude, that fucking crowd was insane!!'

The door to your hotel suite rips open, startling you. You close your laptop and hop off the double bed over to your girlfriend, Billie. 

Out of breath, her hair still slightly clinging to her face from sweat, she pulls you into a tight hug, lifting you up slightly. She gazes at you with pure excitement as she pulls back, before kissing you on the lips quickly. 

'I'm so glad babe!' You smile back at her.

'I swear this is like the first show in a year that most people weren't just videoing the whole thing. The energy was just fucking dope, everyone was just there to lose their shit.' She leaps onto the bed, sprawling her limbs out and smiling widely. 

'That's so good to hear, I can't remember the last time your audience wasn't just a sea of iPhones' you join her on the king size bed, wrapping an arm around her waist. 

'Nah, it was literally an entire arena being right there in the moment - moshing and everything. I felt like...so alive.'

It's so nice to see her so happy after a show. It's been a long tour and a stressful one at times, with her becoming the biggest pop star alive practically overnight. You look back at your laptop filled with unfinished journal articles you need to complete for next week.

'You okay my love?' she frowns back at you.

'I'm so so sorry I missed it - I should have been there to see it' You lean your head on her chest and sigh.

You were lucky that you had a job you could still work at while travelling so you could spend time together, but it still took up most of your time during the day. 

She sits up and pulls your chin up gently to face her. 'Hey, don't be stupid - its not your fault at all. You're here with me right now, it's all good!'

'I feel like I've just been shit boring company for weeks now. Just want to be here for you and your shows...' you murmur into her chest.

 'Well...how about we do something to make it up tonight? I'm like...hyped with energy still' she sits up suddenly. 'Where do you wanna go?'

You take a look at your phone. 11:59pm.

'I mean, if you're not too tired...now we're in Europe you're of age for nightclubs....' you suggest with a playful smile. 'It's not often you've got a free night in Berlin... if you're up for a bit of chaos there's a lot of places here where you should get in unrecognised'

Billie's eyes widen.

'Oh my god, isn't that one place in that old power plant here?'

'Berghain, yeah. It's super hard to get in but...I think with your aesthetic we'll be good.'

'I'm so down.'

You glance back at your unfinished work. The New York Times can wait. 

---------

You gaze out at the rain-distorted blur of street lights, concrete and traffic from your Uber. Billie's face was illuminated by the white light of her phone as she posted a shot from her latest show. The car eventually slows and you both get out. 

'Holy shit'

A towering concrete building lined with rusting mesh fences looms in front of you. Flashes of coloured light occasionally illuminate the tall windows, but nothing else can be seen from the outside.