THREE - messier than ever

We are used to being the most hated class whether it is jealousy from other sections or it is just from the teacher's department who love doing nothing but give us extra baggage. Of all the hate we received is none taken but with Miss Lewis, we are the most challenged.

Everyone was barely finished on the quiz but she called the attention of those students who are still writing at the back. "People at the back, pass the paper or fail."

She is soft-spoken but the tone of her voice is just life-threatening. She stood with such a built posture and so everyone pass the paper in no time. And as soon as she left the room everyone sighed audibly in relief.

"Dude, you provoke the new teacher!"
"Shut up, Mate."
"She's the worst!"
"I want Mr. Torres back!"
"No, I forgot to write my name." I cried, joining the distinct whining. Gab tapped my shoulder and replied to me smirking, "Well, I am not surprised."

"How did you even do it?"

Chanel went to our table and showed her paper with her name on it. "We write it already, just in case." She replied to me before she walked towards the class bulletin, posting the upcoming events and announcing them to the class.

I just thump both hands to my face in defeat. "Ugh, I don't know if my answer's in the right order on the last 3 questions."

"Nettie Maria Stevens, Biome, and Enzyme," Maia said from the backseat. I realized I forgot the 'Maria' on Nettie Stevens. I just hate memorizing people's names. Whatever.

"Listen... guys." Chanel is about to tell us the announcement but a sudden interruption held her thought from Shawn. He is running around the class, messing all the empty chairs down. He is holding a small notebook with the 'S' initial on it and stops running to read it.

"Shawn! Give it back. YOU JERK!" I knew you Shawn didn't own the notebook. It was Shantel's journal. She goes after Shawn but he is way faster than her. Shantel stops running and squints at him. "I'm gonna kill you."

"A journal? Interesting." He smiled archly at her and starts reading the journal loudly even though everyone seemed not to care about it. "Dear journal, blah blah blah... I never expected I could ever like someone of the same..."

"SHUT THE HELL UP!!!" cried Shantel and her face turned red.

This is the first time I saw the room so messy, maybe because I never stayed in the classroom less than 5 minutes after a vacant hour. It is so annoying and loud so I stood up to get the notebook from him, but Dylan, who just woke up from a quick nap, took it first from Shawn. "It's personal property." He coldly said.

Dylan gives the notebook to Shantel and goes back to napping. He got a lot of coldness today, or am I just recognizing it now?

"Whoa. Dude. I'm just having fun!" I just knew Shawn is a hard-headed jerk. He is laughing like it is fun. I frowned in disapproval.

"Shawn Tillerson! I am so disappointed." Chanel finally spoke after the long interruption.

"Oh please, Hun, don't be jealous," Shawn replied to her with a teasing grin. Chanel didn't bother because she had a more important announcement to tell the class.

"Everyone, listen. The Chancellor is announcing to every class representative about the club students to join. He encouraged us to join the school activities this year. So, everyone, plan what club you'll be part of." Her eyes narrowed towards me as if we can communicate without talking.

I frowned. Yes, I know what you're thinking. Still, no.

"Ah, Chanel? Can we join two clubs? I was thinking to be in the Drama Club and Art Club." It was a query from Steller. I noticed him once. He is such a lovely student. Wait, I think Steller prefers the pronouns 'she/her'. I barely had a conversation with her because she has a lot of friends and I never chit chat anyone here a lot aside from Maia, Gab, and Chanel.

"Ptolemy? Why are you joining Drama Club?" She grins when someone mentions it, then winks.
"Girl, Steller joins the Drama club because he wants to knit and design clothes for the upcoming 500th-year celebration of the school's foundation," Shantel replied for Steller. They have a mutual understanding of fashion.

"Listen, bitches. If you want to have dresses, just go to my boutique, Steller's Clandestine. And Steller's Clandestine will be the most famous fashion line in the world."

"Sure, Steller. We will." Said the other girl, holding her camcorder.

"Awe, very supportive, Halsey." Then, Steller hugged her with excitement from her daydreaming. "So, Chanel. Is it okay?"

"Well, as far as I know, you can join as many clubs as you can. But you can't be the president or officer of both. For example, when you are already an officer of the Drama Club, you can't run for any position of the Art Club, unless you resign as an officer." Chanel explains it, clearly as I leave the room and go to the restroom to get some air.
While I was peeing, I heard girls talking in the restroom's mirror. "You know what... I don't know why Carrol is still in the Aster Class." They were talking about me but they didn't even notice I was inside of one of the cubicles.

"Don't worry, things will be different for us this year. I'm sure of that." Even if I don't see their faces, I still recognize Victoria's voice. What is she planning?

"I know right! She doesn't even deserve it! Can I have your eyebrows pen, babe?"

I release a deep exhale while reminding myself that evil can only be killed with kindness. I flushed the toilet and went in the mirror to where they were and surprised them.

"God. I don't. Have. One."

There is a sudden tension in the awkward silence. They stop doing their makeup and stare at me as I use the faucet next to them on purpose. There was no sound coming out except for the hand dryer that I'm using now. With a quick glimpse of each other's eyes, I know, they are about to leave. Before they did, I handed them my eyebrow pencil, "Here. Use mine." I left them a smile and added, "You're welcome."