ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

~~~

~~~

The three girls bunked school for the day and had spent the entire day calling people through the phone book and looking through the streets trying to find Will, while Jonathan comforted a frantic Joyce.

The three girls had been riding their bikes for the past couple hours and didn't even realize that there was a storm approaching. The three girls started riding over to Valerie's home, they said goodbye and told her that they would call her later.

Caroline and Alexis had just turned a corner onto their street, the two girls furrowed their eyebrows in confusion. Their mother's car was parked on the driveway. Beth was usually home around midnight, but today was surprisingly different, it was only 19:45.

They hopped off their bikes and put them against the wall near the door and unlocked the door. There she was, on the couch with her left arm in a cast and a few scratches and bruises on her face. This made lump go to both Caroline and Alexis's throats. They hated seeing her harmed in any way. They knew that she could handle herself, but they were just scared. They didn't want to lose their mom like they lost their dad.

"They're my two princesses," Beth said with a smile on her face.

" Mom we aren't kids anymore," Alexis whined cheekily. Beth rolled her eyes at her adopted daughter's childishness.

" But you girls will be my princesses, always and forever." She replied with sentiment in the sound of her voice right before she tried to stand up.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa mom. Relax, sit down, I'll go make your favorite, ginger honey tea then you'll tell us whoever's ass we have to kick for doing that." Caroline said with a smirk.

She walked over to the kitchen, got her moms favorite mug from the cupboard and began making the tea that always made her mom feel happy and calm. She was getting the saucer when she heard giggles from the living room. She smiled, that was the first time she had smile since yesterday. Apart from smiling she had a bit of a break down when she went to the bathroom alone. She still blamed herself for not doing her usual babysitting duties for that night and because of her, the twelve-year-old boy was now missing.

After bringing the tea to her mother Beth started to explain to the girls what happened.

" We were doing an investigation at one of the crime scenes and the convict somehow hid a bomb where all the evidence we were preparing to take. I found the bomb and since there wasn't enough time to deactivate it I got everyone out and myself just in time." Beth told the girls who wore worried expressions.

Caroline wanted to say something but she knew that it wasn't the right time. So she decided to keep quiet. She gulped knowing what could've happened if she didn't make it out on time. Bethanie knew that it would break her oldest if anything happened to her, so from that fateful day 4 years ago she made it her top priority that she would return home to her daughters, safe.

" So how long are you gonna be home for, we can see that you will not be going to work for quite a while?" Alexis questioned.

" I'm probably gonna be home for a few months since my harm is broken." Beth replied as she pursed her lips together.

Afterward, the Newby girls started catching up on everything that had happened that month since Beth had spent a few weekends away from the house due to missions being overseas. After 1 hour of smiles and laughs, Beth yawned and decided that it was time for her to go get some sleep.

~~~

Mike, Lucas, and Dustin had been out searching for Will. Instead, they had found a cold, sopping wet girl with a buzz cut down to the scalp and she was wearing a t-shirt that was practically a dress for her. They had bought her back to the Wheeler's household and they were currently down in the basement trying to learn more about her.

" Guys... I think we should call Caroline, Lexi, and Val." Dustin told the two very confused and anxious boys.

" No!" Mike barked clearly showing that he was against this.

" Mike! Dustin has a point. Caroline and Alexis know how to handle this. But we are not under any circumstances involving my sister!" Lucas stated, he didn't want to get his older sister involved no matter what.

" No guys we aren't telling anyone! Not my mom, not Lexi, Val or Caroline!" Mike barked back at the boys while the girl sat on the couch with an uneasy expression watching the three friends argue.

" Mike this can't be a coincidence, we found her on the same street that Will went missing on! We have to tell Alexis and Caroline at least. They'll know how to help." Lucas started to a stubborn Mike.

" Ugh fine!" He said as he walked over to his Supercom.

~~~

Caroline was currently getting her pajamas and shower things from her wardrobe when she heard her Supercom from her bedside table.

" Caroline... Come in Caroline!" Mike called

She quickly rushed over and held the button on the side that would let her answer.

" Hey Mike what's up?" she answered

" We need you and Alexis at my house right now." he declared

" Right now. It's kind of late, you sure it can't wait until tomorrow?" she asked

" No, it's kind of an emergency." He said

" Oh God, um ok, I guess we'll be there in ten minutes." She responded before they both ended the conversation.

She went and told Alexis who was in the living room, using her powers to put popcorn into her mouth, that Mike needed them at his house. The two girls entered Caroline's car and drove down the dark street to the Wheeler's.

streets trying

~~~

So this was the second chapter of This is Hawkins.

Hope you all enjoyed.

chapter Question

What do you think of The Newby girl's relationship?

Signing out

-Miss Swan