Mafia Affair- chp 3

Chapter 3

It had been nearly a year since I've moved to Sicily. The diner was booming and my staff was really nice. A few of them would help me with Gianni when I needed help. He had been growing so fast I clouldn't believe he was already one. I sat on my bed, with my laptop in my lap and Gianni sleeping at my side, checking my mail. There was a letter from my mother.

Dear kaity

I haven't seen or heard from you in a really long time. I miss you and I don't want you to think that you're any less of a person because of what happened. I don't think you imagine just how much a mother can miss her child. Even if you don't ever visit can you atleast write back so I can know you're alright? Your papa and I miss you and no matter what we still love you.

I felt awful. My parents probably thought that I fell off the face of he earth. I had to visit them. But first I had to visit Grammy. I had a feeling she was warming up her walking stick for the next time she saw me but I had to because I couldn't selfishly keep Gianni to myself. Though in my defense I sent them photos every month. I looked down at my little angel as he slept. We would leave next week. I would take him to see Grammy then we would fly to Scotland.

I gave everyone in the diner the announcement that I would be gone for about a month. For the rest of the week I supervised while helping out whenever I could.

At the end of the week I got a friend to take me to the airport. There was no point in driving. It would take up too much of the time.

When we arrived I rented a car so the lugagge would be easier to handle. We would spend a week here then the other two in Scotland. Everything was set and it was a surprise. None of them knew I was coming. I pulled up at the diner and walked through the front door with Gianni. I didn't even have time to look around.

"kaitlyn!" Carlina shouted as she ran over to me. "And my little nephew Gianni, hi." She said as she took Gianni out of my hands. Celia walked over to me with a smile and she gave me a hug. Grammy walked over with a warm smile but as soon as she was close enough she whacked me with her stick.

"Ow! Grammy I'm sorry, it was a spur of the moment decision." I whined. Gianni stared at me and didn't stop until he saw me smile and hug Grammy.

"How long are you staying?" Carlina asked, barely able to contain her enthusiasm.

"Um a week."

"What but that will not be enough for for me to catch up with my nephew." Carlina whined. Gianni stared at them as if they were any other stranger. Well I guess I couldn't expect any better afterall he hadn't seen them since he was a month old. Carlina held him high in the air and began cooing. He squealed in enjoyment. I smiled. It sometimes amazed me how I could have brought something so beautiful into the world.

We went up to the counter to catch up on some good laughs while Gianni got passed around like a parcel, though he didn't seem to mind, he was giggling and babbling the entire time. At around noon Gianni Fell asleep on my lap while Carlina filled me in on everything that happened after I left. I was sure she didn't leave the smallest detail out.

The door swung open and we turned to see who had entered and I literally nearly dropped dead. How was it possible that he could choose to visit on the day I decide to? Walking beside him, besides his body guards, was a woman that looked Russian. She had a fur coat on and she wore dark make up to compliment her Blonde hair and pale complextion. In short she was pretty.

He walked up to the counter and kissed Carlina on the cheek.

"Leon who is she?" Carlina asked scornfully. The girl obviously realized the tone because then she looked over Carlina disdainfully. Grammy walked to the front of the counter and scowled disapprovingly at him. At no point did he acknowledge my presence. Something inside of me felt hurt; first he walked in here with some pretty woman and then he just ignored me. I really was just one of those women he raped and left. That thought hurt. I didn't know why it hurt but it did.