chapter 5

When I woke up the next morning to my alarm screaming. I turned it off and fumbled out of bed.

"God, why is that so loud!" I talked to myself. I put on black skinny jeans and a gray shirt and headed down the steps. The house was a deadly silence, most likely beacuse mom and dad were at work. I grabbed a box of cereal from the cupboard, poured it into a bowl added milk and ate it, (as you do) I quickly ate it and went to brush my teeth and hair. I decided to get up a little early, to walk with Tord of course. I grabbed my bookbag locked the door and walked out to Tords house where he was standing.

"Hiya Tom!" Tord yelled when I got there. His hair was the same as yesterday but I could notice he had less product in it.

"H-hey Tord!" I said.

"Ready to go to school?" He asked. I nodded.

"Wanna walk.together?" I asked. He smiled wide.

"Yes! Of course!" Tord yelled. We walked side by side chatting. Once we got to the bus stop Tord pulled out his phone.

"Sorry I have to tell my dad I got here," Tord said.

"Nah it's alright?" I said," Hey uh- off question but like do you have a mom. If I moved across the world my mom be attached to my hip." Tord looked down, embarrassed.

"I uh- don't have a mom." Tord said, "I uh have two dads..." He rubbed the back of his head.

"Oh! I'm sorry I didn't know! Sorry if its a touchy subject but-" 

"No no tom it's okay! I dont.mind I just... Didn't want for you to think of me differently.." He said.

"I don't care! I wouldn't treat you differently." He smiled when I said that and silence rang out.

"Hey uh- quick question..." I asked. Tord nodded.

"Well like do you call them both dad? Thats GOT to be like confusing right?" Tord laughed.

"No no tom haha! I call my dads dad and pops." Tord said giggling.

"Ohh okay..." I said. "Makes more sense." I feel stupid now. I hadn't noticed how shiny his teeth were, almost blinding. I felt different around him still. I felt like...my heart was leaving my body and I don't know why?  I've never dated anyone seriously since 8th grade, and even that was a joke to the girl. Hell, I've never even had a crush on a boy before! My lunch and 'waterbottle' were in my bookbag from the night before when I packed them. 

"You ready for our sleepover Tom?" Tord asked slipping his phone in his bookbag once more. 

"Y-yea!" I said stuttering. 

"Nice! My dads are making me bring over a week's worth of clothes for a night!" Tord giggled. Oh, god that L A U G H. I laughed as well.

"Hey, Tom do you mind stopping over at my house after, my dads really wanna meet you. Then we can walk over to your house after?" Tord asked.

"Sure! My mom won't mind." I said. The bus rolled down the road to a screeching halt as me and Tord got on. Me and Tord sat in the same seat but this time I sat on the outside, so if that girl wanted to hit Tord she'd have to get through me first. The bus ride to the school was short per usual and me and Tord got off the bus together once again. We walked up a flight of stairs to our homeroom and Tord got his schedule.

"Why didn't you get that yesterday?" I asked.

"I didn't go to any classes yesterday, they were waiting to pair me up with someone." He said.

"Give me your schedule ill see if you have any classes with me!" Tord handed me his paper and I saw we had 2 classes together. 

"We have two classes together, I guess we're not paired up then," I said. A wave of sadness went through me, I wished he was paired up with me. 

"Aw, well it's okay I may get a new friend!" Tord said. A quiet girl named Jane walked over. We went to elementary school together but I never really talked to her.

"Hello y-your Tord, right?" Jane asked.

"Yes! thats me!" Tord said as he smiled big.

"I'm your partner so uh- we should be going now okay..." Jane said quietly.

"Okay!" Tord said. He turned back to me, "Bye Tom see you later!" He smiled at me his cheeks turned red. Probably shy, he doesn't know Jane very well. 

"B-bye Tord..." He left to his class as I grabbed my bookbag and went to my history class, one I didn't have with him. 

t i m e s k i p

The classes I had with Tord was LA and math well and homeroom but that doesn't count. I walked into LA Tord sitting at a  seat in the corner, Jane sitting in front of him.

"Hey, Tord!" I said sitting down next to him since we didn't have assigned seats in LA. 

He smiled," Hi Tom!" he said. 

"Are you finding your way around?" I asked.

"Yea! Thanks to Jane. I got lost already haha..." Tord said shrugging. The teacher walked in and the class actually went pretty fast. When the bell rang I walked Tord to lunch. We quickly ate and talked about the sleepover. The day went pretty quickly and before I knew it we were already on the bus.