Chapter 2: Finding Help

"I hate this."

The remaining Others were currently searching (reluctantly) for a mortal to help them find Darkness.

"So you've said."

They currently are having little luck. Searching for a mortal who would be willing to help them is harder than it seems.

Moon POV

This sucks. I hated the whole, 'find a mortal to help' thing. We weren't getting any closer to Darkness, especially not while sitting on our asses in this stupid room. All of these creatures aren't gonna be able to help us if Darkness takes advantage of his thief-like nature and vanishes. I sighed heavily before laying back onto the marble. This is pointless and exhausting.

The pool behind me rippled. Had it actually found someone? I sat up and looked into the water. Oh? There was a mortal pictured. A human, standing at about 6ft with blond with amber eyes. He wore a minimal amount of armor and had it hidden partially under his brown cloak. This one might work... I moved to the (cracked) control panel to bring up more info about him.

   --

Name: Vane Understone

   Gender: Male

   Age: 27 years

   Height: 5'9"

   Occupancy: Healer

   Guild: Guardian Angels

--

As a healer, which makes him valuable. But he's a human, which means he's squishier than I'd like.

"Hey, guys I think I found one." I called out to Sun and Earth. They made their way to the pool.

"Hmm... This one may do, but humans are squishy... Healer, a useful trait... Can't believe how tall humans have gotten... Who the heck names their guild the Guardian Angels?..." Sun was mumbling to herself again, a stage-whisper mumble but in a silent room it was loud.

"He l-looks like he can help... A H-healer would be n-nice when we get hurt..." Earth stuttered, I know he's supposed to be brave... But maybe having a quiet brother wouldn't go amiss. We have Sun to make up for the lack of noise.

"I guess it's time to have a little chat." Sun declared, standing up.

Why does that sound so menacing??

--say hello to the greatest timeskip ever who I've named STEVE--

Warping to the surface of Fajr was a bad idea. We may have used the light-tunnel in the main room and shared our power to move more precisely, but we still ended up in the middle of a lake. In the forest. Which isn't the city or the Guardian Angel guildhall. And the cherry on top was that, while warping, our energy was sucked away and left us in creature form. In a lake. In the forest. Far from society. And my instincts screamed Darkness' influence for the energy depletion. Bastard.

I was lucky that I was a creature that could swim, even if it's doggy-paddle. Earth was a floaty dragonet and sorta... was. Sun's deerdog may have been part dog, but she weighed too much. The moment we'd splashed into the water of the lake, she'd sunk to the bottom. Her saving grace was that she didn't need air to breathe, just the presence of light. She resembles a plant in that aspect.

I grabbed Earth's tail and started to paddle to the shore. While paddling, I kept glancing down to see if Sun was walking along the bottom and following our shadows. As we got closer to the shore I stopped looking so that I didn't trip on a root or a rock while 'landing' and go under.

When we were younger, Darkness thought it'd be funny to dunk me while we were splashing in a lake on Fajr and wasn't paying attention and discorporated my human form. I had to spend three months in heaven before I had enough energy to warp between worlds as a human.

As I dragged Earth onto the sand and flipped him over, Sun came stumbling out of the water. Her... uh... skin(?) was a little wrinkled. While I appreciated the fact that she felt the effects of the water too, I was still a little jealous.

"Well, that was an adventure." Sun was being sarcastic. She hated water.

"Sure buddy, but we still need to find that human." I rolled my eyes, flicking my ears to try and get the water out. "If Earth flew above the trees we could try to find the city. I don't suspect we're too far from where we need to be."

Earth shuffled a bit before flapping his wings, eventually rising above the trees and turning in a circle.

"We're actually on the right path," Earth shouted down at us. "It's a near straight-shot to the city from here."

"Awesome, you can come down now." Sun shouted back.

Earth slowly descended to the ground before clambering onto Sun's back and settling. At the shoulder, Sun was taller than me. My shoulders stood at 3ft, while hers were at 4ft. I turned, leading the way, and plunged headlong into the trees. 

-----

Earth on Suns back