Chapter 6: It Suddenly Gets Worse Than We Thought

!!Minor gore warning!!

Zero above^ 

------

EARTH POV

To make a long story very, very short, I was bored. Zero had kicked us out of the backroom over an hour ago and still had yet to come out. While I was glad we didn't have to spend another second in the room with that nameless demon, I was also concerned about Zero. A lot can happen in an hour.

Vane and Imp had wandered off 15 minutes after we got kicked out and I had yet to see them again. Moon was taking a nap under the stool I was perched on and Sun was in a deep discussion with the bartender about something to do with 'solar energy'... Whatever that was.

I swirled the liquid in the tankard in front of me, watching it refract against the silvery inside. The flashes reminded me of Moon's moonlight when she let it flow over the budding Fajr. Like crashing waves covered in stars.

"Oi, kid. You gonna answer me or not?" Nani? I turned abruptly in my seat, tensing upon seeing the tall demon in front of me. "So?"

His attire reminded me of the clothes that the First Ones used to wear, very posh and unnecessarily glammy. The only thing that looked like it had seen any kind of action was his dark knee-high boots and the axe strapped to his waist. His hair was as black at night, framing and falling into his face a bit, making him look alluring and mysterious. The glare cast at me wasn't helping me answer in a calm manner.

"Ah-um

"Ah-um..." I stumbled trying to find the words to a question I didn't know. "Who-who're you?"

"Eh?? You don't know who I am? Listen here kid, and listen close. I'm Yama Fourthstar, and you're in my seat." His eyes narrowed, flashing a dangerous red-gold at my question. "You gonna get up or are we gonna have a problem?"

Distantly I felt the Others begin to move, tensing in preparation for something, but I was too occupied by the gigantic demon in front of me.

"Ah! I'm sorry! I didn't-didn't know this was you-your seat! There wasn't a-a nametag an-and the bartender didn't s-say anything-" I started panicking, twisting my claws and shuffling on the stool awkwardly. I jumped when I heard Moon start growling. I glanced down and her face was terrifying. Her hackles were raised, her ears were flat on her head, her lips were pulled back to reveal her sharp incisors, and her claws were digging into the wood floor. Her eyes were glowing a menacing gold, challenging the demon in front of me.

"Get out of my seat and tell your mutt to back down and maybe I'll forget this ever happened." He smirked widely, a menacing look adorned his face. I started to move to get down.

"Hey M-moon, maybe we should-" I didn't get to finish. I heard something whistling through the air, ducking instictively, as a long pale object soared over my head and into Yama's chest, effectively knocking him to the floor. I turned to the source of the (now identified) tail, finding Sun with a dark look aimed at the prone Yama. A shade looking creature rushed to his side, checking for injuries.